Crash!!!! What now

Reaction score
So I sent my p3 advanced up so show it off to a couple buddies and I get it a hundred yards off or so on this big hill and it says "battery critically low Landing now". The battery showed 3 of 4 bars right before I took off. Of course I was in a wooded area with one little opening where the road was and I could see the road through my camera so I was trying to make it to the gap when camera when blank. So I went to recover it and it was pretty beat up. The gimbal and camera got ripped off and somewhat bent. I found all pieces. So my question is what's my next step? I live in Mississippi So not many phantom dealers close by. I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Thanks

The battery showed 3 of 4 bars right before I took off.

Man oh man ---- That sucks having it crash like that.......especially with an audience - lol (not making a joke of it).

Were the batteries by chance sitting for a few days prior to flying? If not charged up the day or a day or two max prior to flying it may have been in the process of discharging (smart battery) - depending on your discharge settings in the GoApp of course.

I know I have left mine for a few days - pressed the test button and saw 3+ bars and figured I would get a quick flight in - then within a couple of minutes the battery level has dropped right off (kinda like that last 1/4 tank of gas in your truck that disappears quicker than the other 3/4 - lol)!

Anyway - lesson learned for me as to no more flying without a full charge day of or max two days prior to flying.

Best thing is (as you mentioned) - throw some pics up here and lets see the extent of the damage - then go from there.

If there is no fix for it............I did see a P3A gimbal and camera for sale on the forum here a few days ago - will do a search and see if it is still up there and get back to ya.

Sorry for your loss, did you review the flight log and the battery statistics on it? How long have you had your aircraft? Contacting DJI if it's within warranty is always a good start.

Yes... How long have you had it?

I got it in June 2015. I haven't opened the case to look at it since the crash. I know iv seen the battery statistics and flight logs on it before but I'll have to figure out how to get back to it.
Thanks for the help with my little information so far.

You had it longer than I expected, I agree with above, contact DJI. Mine lost power on a return to home. I didn't realize there were strong winds just 150' above. I started on a full battery but it was about 8 mins I got the low battery warning, I pressed RTH, but it ran out before it got back. Dropped 225' ft. Camera came loose gimbal arm broke. $286.00 for repair. The most expensive part of the bill, was the main control board. I never took it apart after seeing the broke gimbal. I tried once to turn it on, lights came on but that was it, no beeps, and wouldn't connect.

Look for you flight logs on your mobile main screen top left, before you pick your craft and camera view.

I also agree with the above, you had less battery than you thought.

Drop the battery autoland setting so you have more time to avoid panicking.
You are far more likely to get it home than RTH on a low battery as it runs sub power and the wind can take over.
I prefer the FC40 style of low autoland so you at least get one 3-4 minute blast on full power which is often enough to it home,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers