Crash, what happened? Need to view flight logs

Based on the graph couldn't it be related to a ESC becoming faulty? Maybe I'm wrong, but I see the motor operating normally and then with no drop in rpm's the prop exits the motor.

Since there is no comparison graph to show what normal should look like....I guess my question is:
How does the prop come off without the graph showing any change prior to the release point of the prop?
Or, it that what the purple line is actually displaying by the repeated high flat top points(as if the prop is unscrewing as it comes off the bolt grabbing on a catch point(debris in threads)as it is backing off?)?

How did you get the scale to appear on the right?

My readout shows MotorCmd 0 yet it is clearly maxed out. Any idea how the data presentation is screwing with me?

I agree with your analysis.

Saw on an earlier thread about anything interfering with prop rotation (i.e. hitting something) and how that would fry the ESC. Even something as simple as tipping on landing, or more severe like flying into branches. Is there a way to determine ESC health prior to failure?

Here is the data for the same time period for the left front to run a comparison.

Attachments

• Left front.jpg
    Left front.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 210
In the Signal Legends sub panel at the bottom. Right click the signal and then select "Axis Visible". I'll add this to the User Manual. There are other things available on this sub Menu.

The readout displays the value(s). E.g. on my post #20. The cursor(black vertical line) is at time 98.5689 anfd the readouts show the values for that time. This is explained in the User Manual.

The P3 does some ESC checking during the 2 burst sequence at motor start. If a problem is detected an ESC error is displayed and the motors are shut down. I've been involved in 3 or 4 situations where the pilot reported that an ESC errors happened at motorStart. And, then would happen more and more frequently. In one case it got to where the ESC error would always happen. If this happens to you I suggest you send it to DJI for repair. My advice? Go fly and don't worry. But, if you get just one ESC error at motorStart send it off for repair.

Got the axis visible, thanks. Caught on very quickly to the cursor and instantaneous values, neat little utility.

Thanks for the inputs on the ESC. Experienced pilot, new to this particular flavor. It's an easily acquired taste, but there are a lot of "ingredients" I'm still learning to use. Your tutelage is invaluable.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20