Crash Repairs Begin

Reaction score
ef477159454d5fe733d8944899cc4406.jpg

3811c10362dc147fa3ae844e5d8a08ed.jpg

e59ddddafc832b1d6fb955b48a589e5a.jpg

1e2dac4296b747a315e3dde739d62296.jpg

cd4f557730d655c9ad3fba60830c8ccd.jpg

Well let the repairs begin. $9 Gimbal mount plate for bottom of the drone, new props, and solder one connector back. Tested camera controller and DJI GoApp both recognized it and I can move the camera up and down.so now I wait on mounting plate from Amazon. Then some Test flights.
Very cheap lesson. Still confused why the bird dropped altitude so quick I think either ice on the props or bad Firmware update which was 1.8.10. I was only 3 blocks from home.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: BMZ06
you are supposed to counter balance one blade props.
But glad to hear it was not a costly landing.
Have you uploaded the log files yet? ice on props would load down the engine so would show up as a jump in current to motors probably esc complaints registered.

any shots into battery compartment. when mine bounced the battery out I noticed a plate opposite the connector is not upright, put pushed in and back. but held in solid so don't know if it is normal to be like that.

Dang gnarly crash. Must of been a gnarly hit to nearly break that one propellor in half. At least the fix seems cheap and easy. Could of been worse. Great post! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

.......... ice on props would load down the engine so would show up as a jump in current to motors probably esc complaints registered.

Off topic, and truly not being argumentative, but I am truly curious.
I would wonder if the ice buildup might reduce lift, and therefore reduce the load on the motors.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would wonder if the ice buildup might reduce life

I can't see how ice could form on a small flexible prop even in sub zero conditions.

More likely the OP's battery simply couldn't deliver enough power in those conditions if not warmed to an appropriate operating temp.

Off topic, and truly not being argumentative, but I am truly curious.
I would wonder if the ice buildup might reduce lift, and therefore reduce the load on the motors.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ice build up on the rotors would reduce lift by changing the shape of the airfoil. The ice would also increase blade weight, so the P3S would signal the motors to increase speed to maintain position. That demand for increased speed pushing against the increased weight would "load" the motors. I am not convinced that ice build up was a factor in this post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie