Crash Phantom 3A

Reaction score
Today is Friday, April 22, 2016. I was flying over the north jetty's this morning a beautiful day I went out 6000 feet turned around and came back to where the H is. At that time the drone started spinning out of control it landed in the marsh in the bird sanctuary. It doesn't appear that there is any way to get to it.

Created with Photo Editor- Index of /editor
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461348813.513694.jpg

W. E. "Bill" Ferrett
409 718-0190

so did you hit something or did prop come off post flight records

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
would be ironic if it was a bird strike.... sorry for your loss :(

Kayak sound like a way to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

wow that blows..Sorry about the loss.
your bird probably flying on some bird territory and was took down by golden eagle? :(

Is it mud? If so then forget it, but with the tide high or low if it's stable ground, why can't you get to it? Throw on a swim suit and grab an air mattress :)

spinning out of control would either indicate a motor lock up or a prop flew off or yes a possible bird strike

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Those flyaways are one of the reasons I won't buy a P3. I like the craft's tech, range etc but I just can't risk having an uncontrolled craft spin off. Prices are dropping rapidly on the P3s and I still can't force myself into buying one. [emoji852]️

Those flyaways are one of the reasons I won't buy a P3. I like the craft's tech, range etc but I just can't risk having an uncontrolled craft spin off. Prices are dropping rapidly on the P3s and I still can't force myself into buying one. [emoji852]️

Gesuuz, at that current price it's a no-brainer regardless any perceived risk. One solid clip and you've got the thing paid for thrice over.

Reactions: Sim597

Fly always are so rare, on the newest bird with twin IMU and compasses, and some forethought, there are two, two that we know of one the forum. With the tens of thousands that are sold, and think of all the ppl who don't come on to complain their bird is perfect, vs those that will at a fly away. I'd think with fly aways there's like a 75% chance ppl complain online, so your ridiculous. And even the fly aways that are posted, most are proven to not even be true fly aways but user error, or hitting a bird or something like that. It's akin to not buying a car because some ppl get them stolen, stop with your rubbish already

Today is Friday, April 22, 2016. I was flying over the north jetty's this morning a beautiful day I went out 6000 feet turned around and came back to where the H is. At that time the drone started spinning out of control it landed in the marsh in the bird sanctuary. It doesn't appear that there is any way to get to it.

Created with Photo Editor- Index of /editor
View attachment 51458

W. E. "Bill" Ferrett
409 718-0190
Know anybody around the area with an airboat?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj