Crash on a Tree

Reaction score
Hello guys ,

First of all , sorry for my bad English , ill try my best to be understood properly

So the story is i've crashed my lovely bird ( Phantom 3 Standard ) i've bought one month ago .
I have to say i took a lot of time to train myself on a clean field when i first fly it , my main goal was to be experienced enough to get some point of view from coasts and landscapes on my country ( France )

Today I called my friend to come with me to flying my bird , it was like 8 PM when i first flight , infortunately i didnt notice the darker night coming ( and im completely idiot here ) and literally crashed my drone on a tree .
The point here is , i had no enough vision on my tablet to see what i was going to do to land my drone , resulting on a crash . ( and i didnt use the RTH , another idiotic behaviour here )

The crash itself was in my opinion soft enough cause i literally wanted to pull my drone back when i saw the horror before it goes on a tree, but it still got stuck on it cause i was flying speedy enough , i think .
The drone itself is stuck on about 15meters above on a public park , maybe more ( 45 feets i guess ?! )

The battery is still in it , i checked the Gimbal, i can still move it properly from the Dji Go Ap, i guess and ( i really hope ) it only affected the probs during its crash ( which could be a dream for me )
When i turn the motors on , i can hear them, but the props are propably completly blocked.

After this error, i have more questions about the battery itself,

Its night now . I waited like one hour with my friend to see whats going on , the i could see the green led battery ( checked it on the tablet, it was 47% during my crash )
We stayed a lot and now the led appears to be red ( the B B B B happenned , for low battery prevention )

At first i was pretty scaried to see my drone on a public park , during the night with a glowing red battery , but im also scaried to wait until the sunrise in order to try to catch it with my father ( we got a pretty good idea to prevent it from scratching on the ground , lets see if it will work .... )

I m going to check again the battery ( i have to walk 5 min , or less ) but i really dont know if it shuts down by itself or if it will going to red glow until we get the drone .

how about the heating ? It is on a strong plug with dozens of leaves on it ( not a pine for sure ) , i could see it from the camera itself and the red glowing led on the front ( cause i repeat , it was during the night )

I disabled those red glowing led by the way , but im still asking myself if the battery will shut down by itself or will stay powered on the drone ( im a bit affraid of it ) , it is sure we will get that drone ( i hope so ) tomorrow but i really dont know the LIPO behaviour .

Im actually dreaming of shutting down completely the drone ( so no heating ) after one hour or two with no activity in order to prevent some problems

Thanks for your assists . I hope my P3P Standard ( especially the gimbal and the camera ) will still work tomorrow .

Nerwesta

There is no way to turn the battery off remotely, so it's going to be powered on until it dies.

Reactions: jointeffort
The heat generated from the battery and Phantom being powered on is most likely the only thing that'll harm it. If it's cool outside where you're located, then it'll probably be fine.

Is that going to harm the battery?
Doesn't it have a protective circuit to prevent damaging itself?
Thanks.

It should not harm the battery. It will just discharge as normal. You should be able to charge it fully after you get it back.

Btw, your English is good!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The heat generated from the battery and Phantom being powered on is most likely the only thing that'll harm it. If it's cool outside where you're located, then it'll probably be fine.

Thanks.
PS - I'm not the OP.

UPDATE :

Looks like my drone has been stolen or fallen during the night or early day .

I went to check at 3 am if it was still on the tree and i managed to see it very quickly using a flashlight , but today for a couple of hours now (i went out at 8 am ... ) im literally wandering even with binoculars to see the bird in the trees .
I feel ashamed i could sleep outside ( i swear i could ) until the sunrise to do the check correctly .

I'm perhaps a bit stressed about not seing my drone on the leaves , i played again and again the video from the crash to see exactly which tree " hosted " my bird .
I cant see anything .
I repeat it was like 45 feet from the ground (18 meters according to Dji Ap ) , at least , so i dont know how people can get a drone earlier that day that fast without any particular object ( i was planning to construct a ladder and take it of with a rope today , im currently waiting my father and friend to come back from work )

I checked the wind during the night, it was very calm , no way for the drone to fall of by itself , i guess .

But i still think it happened, and someone took it .

Btw if it happened, i would see any piece of plastic after the fall . I didnt see it either .

Im on a perfect investigation , thats a bit stressful .

Thanks for your answers ...

By the way, when i came to check at 3 am how it was going on , the led shut down , looks like the battery was completely empty .. or am i wrong ?

EDIT : Many thanks for my english rating ahah , i may be misundertstood sometimes

OMG, you have to give us an update, if it fell from the tree without prop guards one of the props should have broke, and or the Phantom would still be on the ground. If you sure you are at the same tree, 5 hours later somebody has it.

You need to post missing signs, also there is a lost and found on this forum.

Rod.

UPDATE :

Looks like my drone has been stolen or fallen during the night or early day .

I went to check at 3 am if it was still on the tree and i managed to see it very quickly using a flashlight , but today for a couple of hours now (i went out at 8 am ... ) im literally wandering even with binoculars to see the bird in the trees .
I feel ashamed i could sleep outside ( i swear i could ) until the sunrise to do the check correctly .

I'm perhaps a bit stressed about not seing my drone on the leaves , i played again and again the video from the crash to see exactly which tree " hosted " my bird .
I cant see anything .
I repeat it was like 45 feet from the ground (18 meters according to Dji Ap ) , at least , so i dont know how people can get a drone earlier that day that fast without any particular object ( i was planning to construct a ladder and take it of with a rope today , im currently waiting my father and friend to come back from work )

I checked the wind during the night, it was very calm , no way for the drone to fall of by itself , i guess .

But i still think it happened, and someone took it .

Btw if it happened, i would see any piece of plastic after the fall . I didnt see it either .

Im on a perfect investigation , thats a bit stressful .

Thanks for your answers ...

By the way, when i came to check at 3 am how it was going on , the led shut down , looks like the battery was completely empty .. or am i wrong ?

EDIT : Many thanks for my english rating ahah , i may be misundertstood sometimes

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry, these are your first posts.:(

Rod

So sorry to hear about this. Is there any CCTV cameras near by focusing on the area where the drone was on the tree? Really got my fingers crossed for you and hope you get reunited with it

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

UPDATE

Hello guys , first of all lets do this on a title :

HAPPY ENDING !
Or such a relatively happy one... :)

Thanks for your messages , all of you :)

Looks like i felt stressed and exhausted these days , cause it was still on the tree when we got it ! No ones took it , it was like waiting at me on this tree, and i didnt managed to see it on day light , what a shame . =)
So why shall i say relatively happy one ?

Like I said , I literally scratched my aircraft from 18 meters at least , I drawed drew ( ty Google ) a picture for you .

We ( my father and me ) managed to climb the tree and to cut the tree branch the drone was stuck on it .

To be honest , the drone has fallen 1 meter to the grass , so it was very very acceptable.

The first checks were on the battery itself , but also all the mecanics , the propers were going to be changed anyway , and the stressful part, the gimbal , the compass etc ...
It still works very well , i literally checked my motors today with brand new propelers.

Last but not least ... the camera . Not the gimbal , but im talking about the lens itself .
It has taken a bit of the air humidity ( maybe some kind of water also , who knows ? ) , yeah it has rained very very very slightly here in France , locally on my home at Thursday Night .

So you would ask , when did i took this drone ?! It was on Friday .

It took us too more days to bring it at home i guess ... ( the rain itself ! even sligthly )
Well the problem is like the camera is now a bit blurred , affecting of course my POV .

I really hope it can .... kinda, evaporate .. or something , so it could be a perfect ending .

So by now, we can laugh about that :

Nature 0 - Dji 1

I'm still waiting for the camera and ill give you some news ;)
It could be then a second point for Dji

Reactions: Neon Euc
Very very good news and very happy with you. You may not realised but you can actually unscrew the lens cap and take it off... Give it a wipe and put it back on [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl