Crash of The Year Video!

Reaction score
So I thought I'd share my story from yesterday!

I was doing some long distance FPV flying with my FPVLR antenna mods and one of my favorite spots to fly in Chicago is near the river. I usually fly south down the river having the sun behind me but yesterday I was trying to cover over a mile of low flying footage in one battery, so I flew a new route when I hit the max "city" range of my setup which is about 4000 feet now. Whenever I hit the end of my range the Return Home activates and it comes back into view and I simply take over control again and keep flying... Well that would have worked fine.. BUT.. well watch and see!

I can laugh now at what happened because I got her back, only damage was propellers! Crazy how lucky I got! When it hit the ground the propellers were still spinning. It landed in this part of the city known as the "Projects" and I normally would not go to that part of town. :shock: I had to get in the car and drive to go attempt to find it based on where I thought it last was. Luckily the person who found it was very nice and saw me with the remote walking around! phewww!

I edited this video down from 14 minutes to 3 minutes.. Enjoy!!

http://vimeo.com/97491394

LOL what are the chances of that. So much open sky :D

HAHAHA! That is without a doubt the very best footage I have seen yet. What are the odds?!?! I cannot believe it was undamaged. And the video keeps running. And you got the dude who found it and he's like WTF and waving? Hahah. That's just amazing.

You've got a real gem there. Everyone must watch this. +1

Whew...lucky Jeff! :shock: Figures it would hit the one tall object...saw it coming. Why I always like to be just a tad higher than the highest object I have to fly over...just in case an RTH occurs. Glad your story had a happy ending! :D

Absolutely amazing.... you could not have scripted it better... love that it lands looking up at the chimney it just hit and the guy that finds it!! Only wish there was audio...

We should have a contest for the best sub-titles ...

Thanks for making my morning!

tupes said:
Audio would have made it more interesting.

That video definitely need to be edited to have some voice over added. Great video btw.

Dave

**** chimney. Seen it coming it would be in the way and one of my concerns to fly higher than the highest object.
Good you have it back, luck lays in small lawns euh corners.

my 2 cents , theres a video of a P2 hitting the water then coming to a rest at the bottom . you can see the rocks and debris on the bottom , so sad it hurt me just watching it . but if you kept (or added sound to yours) it would help . :mrgreen:

That is AWESOME!

Brother, like " EARTH to ECHO"!

Glad all worked out, he looked like a cool guy,
Glad he did the right thing, and gave it back, I would
Defiantly gave him something for his help, and invited him flying,
When I repaired it! I'm so glad the gimbal/camera was not damaged!
Good show my friend! That is so crazy it hit the only tall item in sight!
That **** NEWTON, and his laws!

Take care, fly SAFE!

tupes said:
Audio would have made it more interesting.

You dont know how much I miss my Gopro! Its times like these that I wish this thing had audio! I need to find a lip reader and dub some voice overs! haha

Well, I took it outside today with new props and looks like I have a bad motor now. As soon as I added throttle to test it outside the motor that took the hit stopped working. At least thats not too bad! I'm so lucky the camera and gimbal are all fine! I think because it was still trying to hover with half the propeller missing it fell slower and luckily landed upside down..

midwestjeff said:
I need to find a lip reader and dub some voice overs! haha

Hahah. That would be funny. I can imagine about your Gopro. I know I would certainly miss mine if anything happened to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20