Crash now gimbal is crooked..

Reaction score
This normal? The horizon level is off a few degrees.. Nothing major but definitely noticeable. The gimbal works perfectly though..

These gimbals are very delicate and finicky. Depending on how bad the bend is, you might be fine. However, you mentioned the horizon level is off which leads me to think it's not totally fine. You might try hooking it up to the Assistant and see if a calibration will help. If not, sending it back to DJI for repair may be your only recourse. If you go that route, be prepared for at least a month's downtime. I sent two H3-3Ds back for repair and it took them a little over 6 weeks to return them to me. On the positive note, DJI did not charge me for the repairs. I was upfront and mentioned the damages were pilot error. I called and e-mailed twice for updates as my impatience was getting the best of me. I remained civil and congenial (not sure if that is why I wasn't charged), it doesn't hurt to be nice and patient.

Bend it back to level. Be gentle but firm. I've had the same thing happen multiple times from crashes.

Do a perfectly level IMU calibration, then bend the gimbal plates and gimbal back in shape gently till level. All good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub