CRASH mid flight question

Reaction score
hi, was into a successful flight , descending but initiating a right turn ( right control full right ) and drone went into free fall .this was not power down command. lost at sea too so by by ... any thoughts ?

It would be hard to know what happened without seeing video of the crash to indicate a certain issue with a motor or with aerodynamics. Was it behaving oddly during the flight? What level was the battery?

trickstar911 said:
hi, was into a successful flight , descending but initiating a right turn ( right control full right ) and drone went into free fall .this was not power down command. lost at sea too so by by ... any thoughts ?

Sidebox knows his stuff. From my experience anytime the the phantom is under 20% battery it becomes very heavy. So when you're descending as fast as possible, coming out of that descent becomes way more difficult. This is just what ive experienced. Sorry for your loss

battery was all good , 40% i did have a issue with one engine of late , dig in on landing , and motor did sound a bit ruff.
still after a dismantle and inspection nothing was noted . put together and she sounded fine and the flow it since all good ..
she looked as if she was wobbling around when she was going down . is was a way out in the sea so no change to recover and find problem .

trickstar911 said:
battery was all good , 40% i did have a issue with one engine of late , dig in on landing , and motor did sound a bit ruff.
still after a dismantle and inspection nothing was noted . put together and she sounded fine and the flow it since all good ..
she looked as if she was wobbling around when she was going down . is was a way out in the sea so no change to recover and find problem .

That detail is very important. Sounds like vortex ring state. Did it seem something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZIuO66WjDY

You can read up on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_ring_state

...and there are some ways to avoid this and attempt recovery. Search youtube for videos that go in depth on this. I am also sorry for the loss of your Phantom.

trickstar911 said:
yep thats it ...VORTEX ring of death .. umm nice .. well this guy said this makes sense
yes, circle when you come down, it wont do that.... can ya just buy the drone it self and will my controller work with the new one ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-uPwv7lkAU

Yes. The drone can pair with your TX.

Like you said, it was far out in the sea. But why did you descend your phantom that far in the sea? I do not think that's a good place for you to test your phantom to see how well it performs!

descending was necessary to get the picture i was after, wasnt testing it , and have been flying for some time now , id seen this before on youtube etc but experiencing it your self
to this extent was a shock , its has occasionally fluttered but not to this extent , so now i know the signs and what not to do in the first place , hopefully my next drone will last longer .
a expensive mistake , iam hooked so here we go agan ... maybe ill wait to see if phantom 3 comes out ..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik