Crash Landed - need some advice.

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your help. Tonight I crash landed my P3P :( I was being greedy and trying to squeeze out every bit of battery possible (trying to record the sun going down). Since the done was pretty close to me I felt I could take the risk but made the mistake of not knowing exactly how it would react. The battery got down to 10% and I was bringing it down. Then it started auto landing and I was slightly over the water so I was trying everything possible to bring it to the nice cleared out place I made on the beach. No matter what I did it was landing! Best I could do is direct it to the beach fast! It landed in the exact spot I intended but at an angle and flipped over. Props did not break and everything looks ok but have not flown it yet.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there anyway to cancel auto landing? I hit the X on the iPad but it wouldn't cancel.

2. What are my chances that my P3P is damaged?

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

A low battery emergency landing is unstoppable. The reasoning is, that if your bird is at 400 feet up, and running out of power, it needs to try to get down under what power it has left rather than just falling.

If there is no obvious physical damage, it is probably OK. These little birds are pretty tough except for what I described above. Just look it over carefully, and dust it off. It will usually tell you if anything is broken or needs help.

I am a diver and P3P owner. Being that you said it crash landed on the beach, I would find a friend that scuba dives and if they do not have an air gun to attach to the tank I would go to a dive shop and get one. Remove the battery and spray away in as many cracks and crevases as you can find. If a little bit of sand gets in the wrong place it could screw you. That's just me though. Can't hurt!

Glad there is no noticeable damage,
Paul

1. Is there anyway to cancel auto landing? I hit the X on the iPad but it wouldn't cancel.
2. What are my chances that my P3P is damaged?
You can't cancel autoland but you can continue to increase elevation to fight it to stay the height you need. at zero %, its gonna come down though when that battery dies. But you can control it.
I would spray the phantom out with compressed air and should be fine

I am a diver and P3P owner. Being that you said it crash landed on the beach, I would find a friend that scuba dives and if they do not have an air gun to attach to the tank I would go to a dive shop and get one. Remove the battery and spray away in as many cracks and crevases as you can find. If a little bit of sand gets in the wrong place it could screw you. That's just me though. Can't hurt!

Glad there is no noticeable damage,
Paul
I'm a diver too....good idea. I was thinking about using my air compressor but it might have too much moisture...the tank might be better.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik