Crash into water - problems with start up

Reaction score
My third flight landing in a swimming pool. Fished out within 10 seconds. The gopro died - not in waterproof casing since it wont fit into the cradle. After drying out, the Phantom I started up but one of motors seemed slower than rest and on takeoff Phantom tilted to ground. I've re-calibrated but can't get to start up. I get constant flashing yellow LED. Any ideas?

I've had two wet crashes, one freshwater, one salt. Freshwater was in a river for 10 minutes, dried it out overnight and worked fine next day after recalibration. Gopro was in the case so no problem. Saltwater was with an exposed gimbal and no protection for the gopro. I banged a post and plopped in the ocean. Seaweed and sand. Washed everything with fresh water, shook dry and blew warm air through Phantom with blow dryer for an hour. Spun gopro to get as much water out as possible and let sit in warm spot. Rinsed gimbal and let dry overnight. Next day Phantom spun up fine, motors ok but GPS not working. gimbal fine. gopro had moisture in lens but went away, battery shot, wifi won't work but rest of camera ok. phantom just does constant yellow flashing which is a GPS failure. So what I've learned about water is that it kills the signal part of the setup, the GPS in the Phantom, and wifi in the GoPro. constant yellow flashes . So I have to find a replacement GPS unit as a start and see if that works. you may want to try the same. Keep,us in touch!

Peter1961 said:
My third flight landing in a swimming pool. Fished out within 10 seconds. The gopro died - not in waterproof casing since it wont fit into the cradle.

Peter, You can use the waterproof housing, swap it for the cradle, flip the view in camera or later on = Dry or non-dusty Gopro
Sorry I can't help with the rest.

Peter1961 said:
My third flight landing in a swimming pool. Fished out within 10 seconds. The gopro died - not in waterproof casing since it wont fit into the cradle. After drying out, the Phantom I started up but one of motors seemed slower than rest and on takeoff Phantom tilted to ground. I've re-calibrated but can't get to start up. I get constant flashing yellow LED. Any ideas?

You can search this, but put things, including the GoPro in a bag of rice. It will pull the water out.

Even the GoPro can be saved. Mine was in the lake for 10 days. It works today, although there is mold on the lens, but it doesn't show up in images.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj