Crash in sport mode.

Reaction score
I ripped through a tree and into another tree at 33mph in sport mode today. Bounced around, and up and down the tree before landing on the ground. Battery popped out and a little mud on the props were the results. A P3 would have been destroyed. I popped the battery back in and kept flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, clearly not planned. Walking with my kids, took my eye off it for a blink of an eye on a fairly windy day.

Yup. Definitely got lucky. After a later further inspection I found a piece of the landing gear had popped out. Returned to the scene and found the piece. It snapped right back into place.
3a88a7f356ea811b84ea0d3a7578ab0c.jpg

Everything else seems all good, and flys just as new.

Good to know it's resilient, I'd rather you tell me that than have to find out for myself ;).

I had a close call with sport mode Yesterday, it's a great feature but man you've gotta keep your eye on the ball

Glad the birds still good.

Thats impressive! I bet since the shell is so smoothed out it helps the P4 glance off things.

The P4 spit out it battery - Phatoooeeee... and exclaimed " I don't want any part of this"

Didn't even have it recording, but in the DJI log I can see where it bounced off the first tree spun a few times before it was stopped by the second tree.

I watched that Gizmodo chooch intentionally wrecking the Phantom 4 they let his dumb *** test and it didn't mess it up when he backed it into that backstop. I guess it's like any other aircraft crash. It depends on the type of impact.

The thing that sucks about these quadcopters is the lift characteristics. In my crash, I was giving it stick that would have recovered it had I not lost a prop and or if it was a plane that lost power. But when these things lose one of the four motors, you're done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20