Crash/gimbal issues

Reaction score
Need some help. I recently crashed my P2....I lost my control signal and bounced off a wall.

Props were toast and gimbal mount was a little bent. I fixed it up and got ready to fly and once powered up, my H3-3D is jumping all around. Any suggestions? Is there a recalibration I need to do ? Please help!

Did you do a IMU calibration? If not you need to do that regardless of what the status is in the software. See if that helps to calm the gimbal down. For sure don't fly with it that way.

Does the IMU calib affect the gimbal? Would i unplug the gimbal from the P2 while doing this? otherwise it will be jerking around while doing this.

The gimbal is controlled by the flight controller where the IMU resides so yes, it does affect the gimbal. You don't need to have the gimal plugged in to do the calibration.

LandYachtMedia said:
The gimbal is controlled by the flight controller where the IMU resides so yes, it does affect the gimbal. You don't need to have the gimal plugged in to do the calibration.

Thanks!!!

LandYachtMedia said:

I re calibrated the IMU and the gimbal is still going bananas....any ideas...anyone?

There are a couple things that are known to cause the gimbal dance:
1) the ribbon cable with the gimbal control signals can be damaged.
2) the potentiometers that sense the motor positions can be damaged.
It could also be some other issue, such as stuff stuck in the motors or other damage.

CityZen said:
There are a couple things that are known to cause the gimbal dance:
1) the ribbon cable with the gimbal control signals can be damaged.
2) the potentiometers that sense the motor positions can be damaged.
It could also be some other issue, such as stuff stuck in the motors or other damage.

Thanks....I have a feeling it's toast! On to order my 3rd gimbal.

So I went on a flight and took my P2V+ with me in the case. When I arrived, the gimbal was off horizontal about 10 degrees, pretty noticeable. I have never crashed it, but the case did fall from about 2 ft high while walking around the airport. I can't see any physical damage. Would calibrating IMU fix this issue? And by the way, how do you do that?

By the way, besides the 10 degree horizontal tilt, everything works fine. It is stable in flight, just tilted, and responds as normal, just tilted. :-/

Oooo, just read a post about some press fit axis thing, so going to research that. By the way, I'm editing rather than posting 'reply' each time.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik