Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

If there was a dedicated csc button I guarantee it would be pressed 100 times more by accident than performing a csc. Just look how easy it is to knock the s1 and s2 switches put of position which I reckon lead to at least 50% of so called flyaways.
Mal, I know about the P2v+ switches, I have one. Like I sad before I am not new to this.

Emergency shut off has to be instant in case of bodily harm. Performing a csc, then waiting a few seconds until you get a warning and then maybe another 3 seconds before your brain computes this and agrees to this.....
by that time your phantom will have hit what you wanted it to avoid by performing the csc and you will have hit the person/obstacle and you have crashed as well to make it even worse.
That means you were flying in a dangerous position when you started. Do you work for DJI?

Ok I honestly give up, I've told you I feel your pain, I've just been offering my genuine honest opinions and help. I'm sorry again for your loss but I'm bowing out from anymore advice as we both obviously have different opinions. If anyone else would like some help or advice from me please feel free, but you and I sir will never see eye to eye so it seems. Good luck with any future flying you do.
Mal

just bringing it back a step or 2 something I said that dji should make it more obvious with all the csc inputs. The info is there but not as clearly stated as I would like and with the amount of hours flying you have under your belt you should know if they stated it better but unfortunately the info is there. I knew about this nearly 2 years ago and that was even before I took delivery of my first phantom.
I assume you are talking to me, I have always started motors with CSC, and stopped with left stick down. I know all day long you can call me an IDIOT for knowing or not knowing if you pull the sticks down a crash is coming.

Reactions: Louis_Eng
Ok I honestly give up, I've told you I feel your pain, I've just been offering my genuine honest opinions and help. I'm sorry again for your loss but I'm bowing out from anymore advice as we both obviously have different opinions. If anyone else would like some help or advice from me please feel free, but you and I sir will never see eye to eye so it seems. Good luck with any future flying you do.
Mal
No. Mal. I say sorry. You have a lot of info to offer. I just hope you can forgive me for being an ***. But you may be able to understand my pain as you have stated. I'm not here to make enemy's, i am here to learn, sorry, just pissed i have $1100 at the bottom of the lake when I was getting such great footage.

No. Mal. I say sorry. You have a lot of info to offer. I just hope you can forgive me for being an ***. But you may be able to understand my pain as you have stated. I'm not here to make enemy's, i am here to learn, sorry, just pissed i have $1100 at the bottom of the lake when I was getting such great footage.
Listen I fully accept and understand how you feel man. Listen I've reacted just like you in the past. Thank you and let's just move on, it's human nature to get pissed, I'm a hot head myself, again something which others here can testify to but I have no problem putting my hands up when I'm wrong or don't know something, probably more times than I'd care to admit. We're all good, we're all only here to help and enjoy in a hobby that has brought so many of us much joy. Please feel free to ask me anything, I'm in here quite a lot mate :)

If I lived close to you I'd offer my diving services ;)

Listen I fully accept and understand how you feel man. Listen I've reacted just like you in the past. Thank you and let's just move on, it's human nature to get pissed, I'm a hot head myself, again something which others here can testify to but I have no problem putting my hands up when I'm wrong or don't know something, probably more times than I'd care to admit. We're all good, we're all only here to help and enjoy in a hobby that has brought so many of us much joy. Please feel free to ask me anything, I'm in here quite a lot mate :)
Thank you MAL, and Damnit I am sorry I hijacked your thread.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I was out flying today and thinking of these CSC posts, I was being careful I didn't do the same thing but I normally fly forward so that helps.

I understand the instant shut down, I believe it would be useful in the case of a manned aircraft showing up unexpectedly (although I think this is unlikely).

I think they should let you disable it or make it so that you can set it to add in a third button, make it so you have to hold one of the programmable buttons on the back and do the stick combination at the same time.

It's unlikely but people are accidentally doing it, a solution isn't that hard to make.

If I lived close to you I'd offer my diving services ;)
Lol, it's only 6 or 7' deep, but you can't see 3" underwater, that's why I think if I do find it the only thing that will be good is the sd card
It's unlikely but people are accidentally doing it, a solution isn't that hard to make.
Not sure what you meant by that?

Not sure what you meant by that?
The combination while flying is unlikely but since people are accidentally doing the combination in mid air (you), DJI should fix this potential issue since it's just programming. As more and more people get into this and bang sticks it will happen more.

If it's fresh water I'd still have hope for her, I'd be ducking a diving and feeling in the blind at the bottom for hours until I found her. Keep the faith. If you do find her make sure you wash her out for 15 to 20 mins, ideally I think it's deionised water that the experts recommend but I threw mine into a big sink of tap water, opened her up, let the tap run through everything left her submerged in the clean water for 20 mins ( it feels completely unnatural and wrong but do it) dry her out as much as possible, hairdryer but air compressor is best and then into a big blastocyst bag full of rice for a few days tied at the top. Don't be tempted to try power it up too soon just leave her in the rice for 5 days (maybe too long but that's what I did) just forget about her and then cross everything when you open it back up. Make sure every grain of rice is out especially from the esc's as they tend to lodge in there, don't use anything sharp to remove rice from them just shake, jiggle or use an air compressor to try and dislodge any stubborn grains of rice left. Then all you can do is try per her up. As I said mine worked flawlessly after her salty seawater bath but if not you will only have to replace a few bits and pieces, the battery will hopefully be your biggest loss.

The combination while flying is unlikely but since people are accidentally doing the combination in mid air (you), DJI should fix this potential issue since it's just programming. As more and more people get into this and bang sticks it will happen more.
I agree

If it's fresh water I'd still have hope for her, I'd be ducking a diving and feeling in the blind at the bottom for hours until I found her. Keep the faith. If you do find her make sure you wash her out for 15 to 20 mins, ideally I think it's deionised water that the experts recommend but I threw mine into a big sink of tap water, opened her up, let the tap run through everything left her submerged in the clean water for 20 mins ( it feels completely unnatural and wrong but do it) dry her out as much as possible, hairdryer but air compressor is best and then into a big blastocyst bag full of rice for a few days tied at the top. Don't be tempted to try power it up too soon just leave her in the rice for 5 days (maybe too long but that's what I did) just forget about her and then cross everything when you open it back up. Make sure every grain of rice is out especially from the esc's as they tend to lodge in there, don't use anything sharp to remove rice from them just shake, jiggle or use an air compressor to try and dislodge any stubborn grains of rice left. Then all you can do is try per her up. As I said mine worked flawlessly after her salty seawater bath but if not you will only have to replace a few bits and pieces, the battery will hopefully be your biggest loss.
I agree, the more pure the water the more it sucks out impurity's, it should leach out all the dirt, but it might leach out some copper too. My mom lived on a boat on the Pacific Ocean and always had rice in her salt shaker.

Now if only they would realize their mistake and send us all new phantoms as compensation! I'm only dreaming. They won't even reply to my email!
I feel for ya, but they told you not to and you did.

Have you verified it in the pilot app? Does android show stick inputs?

If there was a dedicated csc button I guarantee it would be pressed 100 times more by accident than performing a csc. Just look how easy it is to knock the s1 and s2 switches put of position which I reckon lead to at least 50% of so called flyaways.
Should be like how you initiate a compas calibration on the P2.

Reactions: dalebb
Now if only they would realize their mistake and send us all new phantoms as compensation! I'm only dreaming. They won't even reply to my email!
Trust me I know Dammit, I find it had to believe with all the fail safe, come home, land now, that a simple stick placement could send your drone crashing into the White House instead of being shot down, that I could live with.

I'd say so, I've had one wreck which the dji hospital in Germany luckily fixed for free on a p2v and a dip in the salty sea with a p2v+ which I fixed myself but I fully understand the "oh ****" initial feeling and the horrible feelings of being a ******* in the following days. It's a real dagger to the heart man. I was very lucky, first time I couldn't fly for 5 weeks and second was 6 days but don't let it put you off because the rewards well outweigh the downsides. Unfortunately it's part and parcel of this game, my motto as many have seen me type before is "if you fly her be prepared to lose her, think that every flight could be your last, but fly her like you stole her"
Not flying for 5 weeks must have been hard on you?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4