Crash from 3rd party lights.

Reaction score
Lesson learned….

I’ve had my p3p for about 5 months and have flown many times.

When I bought the drone it can with lights that you stick and rubber band around it, pretty cool. If you have them on your drone STOP READING THIS AND TAKE THEM OFF! I was flying last Saturday when one of the rubber bands got entangled in one of the motors and it crashed. I should have been smarter than to put something on it that could come off. Hindsight is 20/20.

Be safe.

Ewwww no Bueno .... Sorry for your loss. Is the bird totaled?

Why would you use something like rubber bands??

Im sure you can run those lights. Just use something more like.. - zip ties?

20160427_153022.jpg
I have leds on mine now for 5 months no problem but I put tape around the ends instead rubber bands

Why would you use something like rubber bands??

Im sure you can run those lights. Just use something more like.. - zip ties?
That's a great question, the light kit comes with a sticky backing and four rubber bands that you wrap around each arm of the drone. I should been smarter than that.

yep when I put mine on I thought how long will rubber bands last so got out the tape no problems

opps

Wow, the camera and gimbal survived that crash? Do you have a protector installed?

Thx for sharing mate! Naaa, for beginners the best piece of advise is to stay original.. Later on, as experience is gained, then perhaps venture into long range, goggles etc. Kudos for sharing!

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.7.0, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.2A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: elwoodmike
This stuff is my new best friend (3M VHB tape). Absolutely amazing. I have a 1.5 pound video monitor taped to the roof of my boat which bounces up and down and takes some impressive G's. Still sticking. The nice thing is you can actually remove it cleanly with a bit of effort (gentle persistent pressure and rocking) when you need to.

Yep, that 3M VHS tape is as strong as crazy glue. In fact it's so strong that is is considered permanent. To remove it you need to take a piece of round (not flat) dental floss and work it in a sawing back and forth motion along the tapes base surface. It leaves a mess but is removable. Amazing stuff though.

This stuff is my new best friend (3M VHB tape). Absolutely amazing. I have a 1.5 pound video monitor taped to the roof of my boat which bounces up and down and takes some impressive G's. Still sticking. The nice thing is you can actually remove it cleanly with a bit of effort (gentle persistent pressure and rocking) when you need to.
Yep, that 3M VHB tape is as strong as crazy glue. In fact it's so strong that is is considered permanent. To remove it you need to take a piece of round (not flat) dental floss and work it in a sawing back and forth motion along the tapes base surface. It leaves a mess but is removable. Amazing stuff though.

You can often remove it from smooth surfaces (like a P3) by very slow, gentle pressure with a flat object. Isopropyl alcohol will often clean up the residue.

But it's pretty permanent...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik