Crash followed by beeps and burning smell :c

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm relatively new to the hobby, I use my phantom 2 for work and am very careful most of the time but today something terrible happened. Basically I was shooting some footage of a property we built in an area of moderate interference ( a few power lines but not trees or other buildings some distance off a busy road) the thing had been flying well for a good twelve minutes or so and then it just got a mind of it's own.

The only thing on my mind at this point was to try to force it down before it goes into the road, and after the longest thirty seconds of my life it did, albeit from a fair height. I rushed over to it and pulled the battery. Wow it looks okay, power on and gimbal is listless, lights are flashing orange, and I'm getting beeping from one motor, all other motors light up but it will not power on. I smell burnt plastic I open her up and part of the large board is fried.

Can someone please tell me what these things mean? I'm praying my gimbal isn't stuck in limp mode from the trauma. It appears unbent but I know it's kind of a delicate thing. I need to get my gear back up and running ASAP. Please help!

** sorry the image sucks I had to make it a lot smaller to upload, the burnt parts are the two cylindrical pieces and a small black rectangle inbetween. **

Thanks Everybody

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 496

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20