Crash! Everything ok but the gimbal yaw...

Reaction score
After the crash, everything is fine except the gimbal is yawed left a few degrees. I've tried to recalibrate the gimbal and IMU, but it's still in the same position. What can I do?
c7d280a786a6389204d0fcd8d8d79bfd.jpg
5de9883699ff9496d4c8a85d23c8563a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks man! I've had this thing for a few days. Flew the simulator for 4hrs. Crashed the first 15 minutes in the real world!

Looks like the screw is sitting flush on the square shaft. Upon further inspection, looks like the roll arm is bent right?

Who makes a good replacement?

How difficult is it to replace?

b2ed4556fc508f8a422b56c5e103407e.jpg

Looks like the screw is sitting flush on the square shaft. Upon further inspection, looks like the roll arm is bent right?

Who makes a good replacement?

How difficult is it to replace?

b2ed4556fc508f8a422b56c5e103407e.jpg

Bent for sure. Replacement -- ?? maybe some one else will chime in here.

Hopefully! I found one from ATK drones. I wonder how difficult it is to change out. I'm not a particularly handy dude!

Its bent. green line should be the equal distance as the red. You need to pull it apart and straighten it. There is 3D printed kit I've seen. I think its about 50-70 USD.
Crashed%20phantom.jpg

Its bent. green line should be the equal distance as the red. You need to pull it apart and straighten it. There is 3D printed kit I've seen. I think its about 50-70 USD.
Crashed%20phantom.jpg

The reason the red is longer is do the gimbal arm being off center to the left.

Loosen the set screw, straighten the gimbal arm, then tighten the set screw.

loosening the screw won't work because as mentioned above it has to be tightened on the flat surface of the yaw shaft.
either try to bend it back or get a new one.
you will have to take the whole gimbal apart to change the yaw arm

After the crash, everything is fine except the gimbal is yawed left a few degrees. I've tried to recalibrate the gimbal and IMU, but it's still in the same position. What can I do?
c7d280a786a6389204d0fcd8d8d79bfd.jpg
5de9883699ff9496d4c8a85d23c8563a.jpg

Listen to hunch -- he is the expert on this.

I wish there was something in the software that would let you adjust the yaw like they do the roll!

I've repaired a few of these, and I have done this type of work for over 30 years. These things are the most difficult repairs that I have ever done. The connectors for the ribbon cable have these tension arms on them that are so fragile that it's almost like they designed these things to be thrown away if you crash at all.

There are several folks selling 3D printed parts on eBay, and atkdrones sells a set stamped out of aluminum, with a higher price.

Just a thought, I have seen crashed camera / gimbals bringing some crazy prices on eBay. If you shop around you can get a new camera / gimbal for a little over $500. Then selling your crashed one on eBay could somewhat offset that cost.

Reactions: Mako79
I had an indoor crash which resulted in same issue slight offset to the right
Hey Thomas. I fixed it myself. You just have to line it up by unscrewing the little screw that appears when you put the yaw arm totally to the left. You unscrew it, line it up properly and screw it back. Fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20