Crash Diagnosis Thread

Looks to be the battery firmware is now on a completely different version. And it's been the battery firmware that has caused 95% of the phantom's issues, and especially with the P3. The aircraft was outstanding prior to any jacking that took place with the battery.
So I have two phantoms, one with 1.8 and one with 1.9. I had both of my batteries on 1.8 and both showed battery life of 100% and full mah available. After I updated my batteries to 1.9, the life dropped to 80% for one, and 92% for the other. I realized that 1.9 fixed a bug where that wasn't reading the available mah properly. i was thinking about it and i had two crashes on the batteries being on 1.8, where I had volts left but the log showed my Volt percentage hit zero. I think this is because 1.8 had a bug where it couldn't properly read the actual available mah in some cases. I am very happy with the 1.9 firmware for my batteries, no issues and it's fixed this bug for me.

Last edited:
So I have two phantoms, one with 1.8 and one with 1.9. I had both of my batteries on 1.8 and both showed battery life of 100% and full mah available. After I updated my batteries to 1.9, the life dropped to 80% for one, and 92% for the other. I realized that 1.9 fixed a bug where that wasn't reading the available mah properly. i was thinking about it and i had two crashes on the batteries being on 1.8, where I had volts left but the log showed my Volt percentage hit zero. I think this is because 1.8 had a bug where it couldn't properly read the actual available mah in some cases. I am very happy with the 1.9 firmware for my batteries, no issues and it's fixed this bug for me.

It surprises me they were doing battery updates that early on. However. We started out with ispire1 firmware due to the P3 firmware was not yet ready when the P3's 1st began to ship. I remember my aircraft going 45mph in P-mode. You could clearly see the flight pitch tilted forward more then you had ever seen prior to the P3. But it was somewhat short lived. They kind of bullied us by saying a firmware update was a must do update. And if we didn't do the next update our aircraft's would not update in the future.

I have expressed on numerous occasions how it is VERY wise to at least wait 10-14 days before even considering to install recent firmware updates. You have nothing to lose and plenty to gain especially in situation like there is now with aircraft dropping from the sky with firmware that is said to be not able to be rolled back. Let others be guinea pigs and tear their stuff up when things are not right.

Dead on. In my case it was a GPS issue that DJI will not acknowledge. They are scum. They saw my log file and lied about my crash. Just boldface lied to me and I am looking at the log and wondering how they are still in business when I can clearly see what they are looking at. The latest firmware is causing all the P3's to become lawn darts and they won't honor any warranties. Yes, if you look at their own forums their complaints have risen dramatically. They just totally make up bs about why the drone crashes. I will never deal with them ever again.

Do you have the TXT and DAT flight log files for the crashed flight? Also, what's your thoughts on getting some help with showing dji they are wrong?

Dead on. In my case it was a GPS issue that DJI will not acknowledge. They are scum. They saw my log file and lied about my crash. Just boldface lied to me and I am looking at the log and wondering how they are still in business when I can clearly see what they are looking at. The latest firmware is causing all the P3's to become lawn darts and they won't honor any warranties. Yes, if you look at their own forums their complaints have risen dramatically. They just totally make up bs about why the drone crashes. I will never deal with them ever again.

Can you post said file? It would lend much credence to your rant.

Could you post the .DAT file form the flight where you crashed? I have tried analysis of logs before to help understand what's going on and I know that many, many old hands from this forum are expert in crash analysis and can absolutely identify the cause of the crash.

We did an analysis of one guy's flight once where he reckoned the craft dropped from the sky like a stone. Indeed it did, but only because he was holding the left stick fully down. He got the control inputs wrong and in the confusion blamed the aircraft. The log files tell the truth. Always.

I have had a few crashes myself - lost two phantoms into the water (both total losses) and initially I thought they must be the aircraft's fault (after all, how could I be wrong, sure I'm the best pilot in the world, am I not?) but post incident analysis by others (and by me) usually revealed that the pilot was the real reason for the crash.

I've been haunting these forums for well over three years now, and it still amuses me when I see posts from (quite often, but not always) newbies who simply will not accept that they might be at fault and refuse assistance that would (probably) end all speculation by interrogation of the flight logs.

BTW, I'm on all the latest firmware (usually am) and I have not experienced any issues.

I just wish I could prove it was true or untrue. Either one would be fine. As you can tell, it's been bugging me..
If somebody would send me a C version that's been modded for an external antenna, I can check it. Or an Inspire, I could check that as well...

If somebody would send me a C version that's been modded for an external antenna, I can check it. Or an Inspire, I could check that as well...

I have two Bs. One modded and with the latest firmware. One basically untouched and never taken out of the plastic wrap they send it in.

I'm open to give out logs so I can help others out but I need help to properly get and post them... Let's do this!
You can upload your TXT flight log here or see these instructions for retrieving the internal DAT flight log. Please start a new thread if you'd like others to review your logs.

Reactions: RockinRog
I do.
Can you post said file? It would lend much credence to your rant.
I will upload a file for you. Also, someone else on this thread is providing me with a place to do that in hopes he can work his magic with DJI. What I have is the flight log from my phone as the drone is in a dense forest god knows where.

Thanks msinger. I just uploaded the file. Love to hear your thoughts.
I will not be able to see your log unless you post the link. Please create a new thread. It'll be too confusing to attempt to analyze a bunch of different crashes in this thread.

How or where can I upload the file for you? I just did it for another person on this thread. If someone could help me make DJI own up to their issue I would be grateful.

sorry for that. I sent it to the link you provided but I guess that there is no way to distinguish who sent what. I will start a new thread and invite you to join. I'll have to wait a bit but thanks in advance for your offer.

How or where can I upload the file for you?
See this post for instructions. If you are going to upload your DAT log too, you can attach the DAT file in a post here. If it's too large, upload it to a file sharing site like Dropbox.com.

yes. Can you decipher anything from that?

Did you at any point notice this message appear on your device screen?

"Ultrasonic Systems Error. Land As Soon As Possible."

I converted your flight log and looking at it when I get the chance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl