Crash Diagnosis Thread

Reaction score
Can we get somebody that has this newer firmware installed to upload your P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt file? It would nice if I could check it and see of any new battery firmware has been installed, or of anything else looks odd.

Just upload the file here.....

Can we get somebody that has this newer firmware installed to upload your P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt file? It would nice if I could check it and see of any new battery firmware has been installed, or of anything else looks odd.

Just upload the file here.....

Here is mine. Good luck to find something in it.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 307
FYI that Frank was asking for a LOG_AB file.

Note that the log_ab file is a different txt file than you look at for the general overall "success" indication.

Once you've done an update, look on your SD card in the following path.
Some of the folders may be hidden: MISC/LOG/

Then find your log_ab file - P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt (P3P) or P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt (P3A).

Here is the mapping for the LOG_AB codes:

LOG_AB Module Mapping.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Dronason
Good to know, thanks.
Here it is.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    76.4 KB · Views: 311

I made the mistake in not explaining this file needs to come from the microSD card/MISC/LOG/P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt

Sorry about that. The problem is the log file you attached does not have any module info listed. Its the Module info that I'm needing.

Good to know, thanks.
Here it is.

Thanks for this file. They have recently changed the firmware without letting anyone know. The best option may be to go back to older firmware. That will help keep this dropping from the sky issues taken care of at least until they get a revision in place.

Don't forget to set your GO app device so that the app can NOT be updated. Otherwise may never know what changes they add to your setup.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Thanks for this file. They have recently changed the firmware without letting anyone know. The best option may be to go back to older firmware. That will help keep this dropping from the sky issues taken care of at least until they get a revision in place.

Don't forget to set your GO app device so that the app can NOT be updated. Otherwise may never know what changes they add to your setup.

Changed the firmware, as in changed it without changing the version number?

Changed the firmware, as in changed it without changing the version number?

Looks to be the battery firmware is now on a completely different version. And it's been the battery firmware that has caused 95% of the phantom's issues, and especially with the P3. The aircraft was outstanding prior to any jacking that took place with the battery.

Looks to be the battery firmware is now on a completely different version. And it's been the battery firmware that has caused 95% of the phantom's issues, and especially with the P3. The aircraft was outstanding prior to any jacking that took place with the battery.

Yeah, if you look at the latest Release Notes, they call 01.09.0060 an All-in-One update, and tell you that you need to run it on all of your batteries.

Also, looking at the release notes, it's the first update to not offer the option to roll back one version.

Reactions: WetDog
Yeah, if you look at the latest Release Notes, they call 01.09.0060 an All-in-One update, and tell you that you need to run it on all of your batteries.

Also, looking at the release notes, it's the first update to not offer the option to roll back one version.

That's really not good news at all. Those that updated can continue fly and prepare to possibly drop out off the sky, or pay attention and locate the issue,

Another reason not to 'upgrade'.
Sigh.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
That's really not good news at all. Those that updated can continue fly and prepare to possibly drop out off the sky, or pay attention and locate the issue,
I'm always prepared for my P3 to drop out of the sky or run into things.

Murphy was an optimist.

Reactions: Numone
I'm always prepared for my P3 to drop out of the sky or run into things.

Murphy was an optimist.

You are prepared....as in a parachute, or something?

Do you have your plot yet?

DJI Phantom Cemetery.jpg

I'm actually almost more concerned about the rumor that RC power was reduced an update or two ago. I really wish I had one of those little red meters.
Those 'little red meters' may not be very accurate. It seems like they are averaging power across the entire Wifi band rather than a specific frequency. I use a Rig Expert IT 24 which can measure power at a particular frequency. My RCs are several steps behind current and I've not noticed any change. There is a slight, about 1-2 dB change between my A and B RCs but I really can't tell the difference in the field. There is so much more to the comm link than RC power that there are too many other variables to try to deal with unless you are really trying to maximize distance and running the same course over and over again.

That would drive me nuts.

Reactions: mikesmiley
Those 'little red meters' may not be very accurate. It seems like they are averaging power across the entire Wifi band rather than a specific frequency. I use a Rig Expert IT 24 which can measure power at a particular frequency. My RCs are several steps behind current and I've not noticed any change. There is a slight, about 1-2 dB change between my A and B RCs but I really can't tell the difference in the field. There is so much more to the comm link than RC power that there are too many other variables to try to deal with unless you are really trying to maximize distance and running the same course over and over again.

That would drive me nuts.

I just wish I could prove it was true or untrue. Either one would be fine. As you can tell, it's been bugging me..

Which FW is causing the dropping out of the sky issues? I'm still on 1.8.80 and was thinking of upgrading, not sure whether I should now?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav