Crash damage

Reaction score
I managed to crash my P2V today :cry: - (DJI Vison Camera Screen said "Battery Communications Abnormal" as it fell from about 60 ft).

The battery is damaged (connector angled slightly inside). Is there a way to open the battery to reset the pin connector back straight? Are there screws under the silver paper?

The serious problem is that now it does not receive GPS signals. I got inside and made sure all the connectors are snug and no cables are broken. I connected to the Assistant to see if it would tell me anything but I don't see any error messages there. It might have broken the compass. How can I test it? Should I buy a compass ($20) to test?

Any suggestions? :!: :?:

I've had the connection to the gps break...the soldered joints broke, so I had to buy a new compass, and all was well for several flights, till I crashed it good. Now all I get is a yellow flashing light, no transmission from tx. Will have to open it up to hopefully find something to repair.

Marc70 said:
I've had the connection to the GPS break...the soldered joints broke, so I had to buy a new compass, and all was well for several flights, till I crashed it good. Now all I get is a yellow flashing light, no transmission from tx. Will have to open it up to hopefully find something to repair.

Which solder joints were they? To the cables?

I can't get the lights to respond to the compass calibration - no flashing. Does that indicate a compass fail or another symptom of the GPS issue? When the compass doesn't work does that affect the (number of) satellites reading?

I had it sitting on a desk on but not running (no props) for about a minute and suddenly the battery lights went from 3 to 1 to zero and it turned off. My crash was on a fully charged battery - reading 97% - (the other one that got the connector bent back) after about one minute also and that seems strangely similar. I didn't have the phone turned on but I'm guessing I would have seen the same triangle battery error message.

The battery charger is supposed to show red while charging but the light is green as if it is already charged. Turning on the battery shows only one light. That's the "good" battery that did not go through the crash. I think I may have a battery charger issue at the root of the problems.

What you describe sounds like you shattered the ceramic GPS antenna under the dome. Have you taken the GPS module out and checked the antenna for damage?

LandYachtMedia said:
What you describe sounds like you shattered the ceramic GPS antenna under the dome. Have you taken the GPS module out and checked the antenna for damage?

I peaked under the gray plastic but I didn't pull it all the way off and no pieces fell out when I opened the case, but that is on my list of possibles since it came down really hard.

The battery charger issue is what could be the reason behind the sudden crash, although the battery showed 97% at take off.

UPDATE: Charging since last night and the battery still shows one bar, the charger light is green as if charging is complete. B&H says it's past 30 days so I have a ticket in to DJI/US (dji-innovations.com). Message acknowledged.... We'll see what happens. At this point I think I need a charger, one or two batteries and a GPS module.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4