Crash, camera detached, gimbal crushed - innards getting hot..

Reaction score
I crashed the drone by having one of the propellers flying off at 26 meters height. Bad crash.

The drone starts with the beep and motors just barely nudging (as always), but I can't get contact with it from the remote controller. And a part of the circuit board is getting crazy hot. In particular the component conveniently marked with an arrow on the circuit board, and the capacitors to its right are basically boiling, see picture.

Anyone know what my issue is, and whether it can be fixed? (I am tolerable handy with a soldering iron and tweezers!)

c902c0486261d97db39838ecbe56c551.jpg

Last edited:
I will take a wild guess. I'm not sure how the P3S is put together but I can see what looks like an antenna cable there. If there's a crack underneath the board which keeps the transmitted signal from reaching the out-going antenna cable, your components will heat up and burn out. It's the same as if you didn't have an antenna connected. Worse actually. So maybe that's the problem.

Either way, it appears fatal to me. By the time it heats enough to "let the magic smoke out", severe damage is likely.
Best solution: Upgrade, or purchase a new Standard. Then you have an abundance of spare parts and nice "mobile" to hang from the ceiling.
Sorry for your loss.

Send it to dji. Cheaper than buying a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Might be cheaper, maybe. But a brand new remote is worth $80-100, the old shell is worth $50 (with no cracks). Motors cost $20 each. And batteries are still over $120, last I checked.
What does DJI charge to replace the mainboard?
Not to mention the wait time...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20