Crash but very lucky.

Reaction score
Well, not a 'fall out of the sky crash' more like a 'sideways fly into a hill crash'. Lost sight of her after looking at the screen of my iPad and decided to bring her back. My orientation calculations were a bit off and she lodged sideways into a bush. After 2 hours of searching in horrible terrain , I was relieved to find her lodged in a bush. No physical signs of damage, the battery had jarred loose and was sticking out 1/4 inch. I think that was good and bad. Good because it cut power to the motors so they didn't burn up and bad cutting the power suddenly could reek havoc with the electronics and SD card. Packed up and went home rejoicing that I found my bird. I started her up later that evening and everything seemed fine except after the cam and gimbal did its little dance it just fell limp with no video.
To make a long story short(too late) I applied the new firmware 1.7.006 and got the camera back and video on the screen, but it takes 5 long sec to take a pic and a blank screen when I put it in video mode and the video controls are grayed out. I will try a fresh SD card next but am stumped after that. Any thoughts? (Thanks for reading my book) P3P 1 month old.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check that the two grey ribbon cables running from the body of the Phantom to the top of the gimbal are firmly seated.

Reactions: Sinisalo
I checked all the cables that I see but still no picture or video taking. I do get video transmission to the rc. It's possible that a tiny hard branch got it and damaged the ribbon cable. Just ordered one from DJI.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20