crash because of bug? (couldn't climb above 20m)

Reaction score
Today I had my first crash at the beach. I live on a hill and is where I usually lift off.

When I fly out to sea I have to lower my quad under 0m. I do this all the time but today something strange happened.

My battery level indicator of the battery of the drone turned red at a level of 68%. So I ignored this. I kept on flying for couple more minutes before I guided the drone back home.

This didn't work out well. I was not able to climb. My screen told me I was flying at an altitude of exact 20m, while in fact it was at something like 10m under me.

Fortunately I was able to land it at the beach where I picked it up.

Any ideas what was going on here? Is it a known issue?

My setup is in NAZA mode with switch S1 fully up. Would another mode have helped?

Can you plug in your phantom to the software and see how many charge cycles and what % life is on the battery ??? I am having similar issues with mine, but it is in the 40-45% battery charge left range when it does the same thing....
My problem battery has around 80 charge cycles on it and last time I checked it was at 77% of life....

It seems like when something really bad happens to these things, people say things like, "something strange happened but I kept flying."

cryptoron said:
Today I had my first crash at the beach. I live on a hill and is where I usually lift off.

When I fly out to sea I have to lower my quad under 0m. I do this all the time but today something strange happened.

My battery level indicator of the battery of the drone turned red at a level of 68%. So I ignored this. I kept on flying for couple more minutes before I guided the drone back home.

This didn't work out well. I was not able to climb. My screen told me I was flying at an altitude of exact 20m, while in fact it was at something like 10m under me.

Fortunately I was able to land it at the beach where I picked it up.

Any ideas what was going on here? Is it a known issue?

My setup is in NAZA mode with switch S1 fully up. Would another mode have helped?

So let's make my question more clear. Is the 20m limit a result of the fail safe mode? Can I switch that off?

Ah, I just found this on the wiki.

When you switch to ATTI. Mode, MC will disengage enhanced failed-safe mode, you can re-gain control of quad-rotor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic