Crash + Attempted Gimbal Repair

Reaction score
After a hard crash where the camera + gimbal assembly was hit, both the video feed and gimbal stablization aren't working.
I'm not very experienced with DIY/Repairing/Tinkering but I did take apart the gimbal assembly and found that the main logic board lost one of it's components.
IMAG0447.jpg
One or two wires were also pulled up in the bottom right of those pins. Should I attempt to reattach it myself?
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMAG0447.jpg
    IMAG0447.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 351
I'd say only try to reattach it yourself if you have the tools and you are certain you won't do any further damage. This guy USDRONEREPAIR saved my gimbal and he has endless thanks for his great work with quads and gimbals on his Facebook page. I don't know where you are located but I shipped mine to him from Ireland to cali and had in back in about 2-3 weeks.

After a hard crash where the camera + gimbal assembly was hit, both the video feed and gimbal stablization aren't working.
I'm not very experienced with DIY/Repairing/Tinkering but I did take apart the gimbal assembly and found that the main logic board lost one of it's components.
View attachment 56174
One or two wires were also pulled up in the bottom right of those pins. Should I attempt to reattach it myself?
Thanks for any help.

That chip needs reballing but I doubt you can do it without a hot air gun and quite a strong electronics background. I would say go for a service or buy another gimbal.

There might be other damage that you can't visually see also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik