crappy video quality frustrating me

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

So My P3A just came in the mail 2 days ago and I love it. The FPV quality is great no problems. When I recorded my first flight and saved it to my phone I noticed the video quality was also great, very HD, no complaints.

today I did another video and uploaded it to my phone. and the video looks like crap, very pixelated, Like im streaming a bootleg movie..my P2V looks way better. something isnt right. I didnt change any settings on the camera. Very frustrating because Im going to hawaii very soon and I dont have time to return this and get a new one :/

is there any settings that may have caused this?

are you viewing the recorded video off of the SD card that you recorded it to, or are you viewing the cached video on your phone? I'm guessing the latter. Take the card out of the camera and play the video on a computer.

are you viewing the recorded video off of the SD card that you recorded it to, or are you viewing the cached video on your phone? I'm guessing the latter. Take the card out of the camera and play the video on a computer.

Im viewing the video off my phone via go app, I saved it on my device. I did the same with the first video and the video quality looked fine. I will post a youtube video of the 2 to compare.

Right, what I'm saying is to view it using a computer directly from the SD card and see if it makes a difference.

Right, what I'm saying is to view it using a computer directly from the SD card and see if it makes a difference.

woah! ok video quality is great when i plugged the SD card into my computer. Do I have to do this everytime? The P2V would just upload it right to my phone via wifi.

woah! ok video quality is great when i plugged the SD card into my computer. Do I have to do this everytime? The P2V would just upload it right to my phone via wifi.
I wouldn't recommend transferring the videos wirelessly to your phone. Lightbridge wasn't designed for that kind of data transfer, and while you technically can do it, it makes the LB unit quite hot and takes forever. If you want to transfer them directly to your device, just buy an SD card adapter that works with whichever device you use, hook it up, stick the card in, and transfer away.

Reactions: skyhighdiver

YES. What you get from your phone is the cached version of the video sent via the Lightbridge unit. It will always be lower quality. Between different sessions, the quality can vary tremendously since the video signal quality will vary based on a variety of conditions like distance, interference between the RC unit and drone, etc. But the video on your SD card will always be pristine.

I don't know it was on a P2V but for the P3, always download the video from your SD card for the best quality.

Even if you choose to get the HD version through the app i don't believe it is as high quality as the files on the SD card. The cached versions you can watch in the go app are really only good for proofing your shots to make sure you got the shot you wanted.

I see a greyed out button called convert to HD. Is that a feature not in play yet or am I missing something? It's very odd that director works with these low res fpv files. Why would I want to try and polish a turd? I guess that's for people who don't care what the quality is.

I see a greyed out button called convert to HD. Is that a feature not in play yet or am I missing something? It's very odd that director works with these low res fpv files. Why would I want to try and polish a turd? I guess that's for people who don't care what the quality is.
Forget using director. Why would you want to work with a turd to edit a turd 720 capture? Do it right and transfer the video from the SD card to a computer for editing or uploading elsewhere.

Forget using director. Why would you want to work with a turd to edit a turd 720 capture? Do it right and transfer the video from the SD card to a computer for editing or uploading elsewhere.
Yes of course that's what I do. I guess you can use director with the original files too if you transfered them in. But it's convoluted. A good editor is of course the better choice. Still wondering about that convert to HD button though.

there is a USB port on the side of the camera, can I connect that to my MAC and upload videos directly from the SD card? Or will I have to remove the SD card and place it into my SD card reader?

Thanks

there is a USB port on the side of the camera, can I connect that to my MAC and upload videos directly from the SD card? Or will I have to remove the SD card and place it into my SD card reader?

Thanks
Both methods work. Leaving the card in camera just means you need to have the phantom on whilst transferring files. Speeds are better if you remove and use a USB 3.0 reader.

Both methods work. Leaving the card in camera just means you need to have the phantom on whilst transferring files. Speeds are better if you remove and use a USB 3.0 reader.
I agree, it's such a hassle to use a cable and have the P3 near the computer. If you're going to fly a lot, and take videos a lot, you really need to get a routine going. Get a microSD card to USB3 type A adapter/reader and keep that in the case with your P3. Also, buy 2 or 3 of the 32GB microSD cards in the case with your P3. 32GB is big enough for 4 batteries of flying, easy. When you're done flying for the day, swap out the camera card with a blank one and put the MicroSD card that flew into your MicoSD to USB3 adapter. That way you're ready to upload the video to the computer when you get home, AND... you're ready to fly and capture video next time you fly. This routine minimizes time and hassle of video transfers and editing.

Here's the adapter I use. If you have USB3 on your computer, this methods rocks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik