Craigdarroch Castle Victoria BC

Reaction score
Craigdarroch Castle in Victoria BC has roof and stone issue from being in a wet and windy climate for over 100 years. I flew the castle today to see if quads were a viable way to inspect flashings and shingle damage. I made a short video to summarize the flight and posted it on youtube. These really are wonderful toys!

have a look;

http://youtu.be/Gef_goO6ybA

Very nice video! I have been there a couple of times and its a really cool Castle. You need to do a video over the Buchard gardens.

Nice video.

One question tho, say there is a broken tile or leaky flashing up near the top, how the f*** do you get up there to fix it?

Yeah, fixing a roof tile on that slope is a major effort! Now that needs a real copter.

Flying Butchart Gardens is a great idea, but what's happening here now is that the boys with big quads that have GPS programmable flight paths and super gimbals are going after everyone for work. Realtors, museums, outside festivals, golf courses etc are all being approached. Our little hobby quad is being left in the jello video dust. So we just need to enjoy ourselves, make some nice video, and learn everything possible about making smooth safe flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.