Cracks to RC, is this a new one?

Reaction score
20160806_132737.jpg
20160806_132727.jpg

Just noticed these today, 6 months old, never dropped or bashed and always kept in a foam case, wtf!

Yes this was a common issue a few months back.
I have had the same issue with mine. It started with the RTH button breaking thru. I also started to see cracks on the bird itself as well.
I boxed it up and sent it back for replacement. You are within the warranty period. I suggest you check the bird for cracks at or around the motors.
If so, send the whole thing back to DJI.

And I thought I was the only one with the rth button popping through.
That is the most common RC problem. I've never seen a crack like the OP posted above. Regardless, I think DJI would replace it for free if it's still under warranty.

I've never had a crack problem with any of my P3P shells. But odd enough the plastic is brittle and fragile on most my DJI RCs. Early this yr I filmed a running marathon with my oldest P3P and it required constant moving around, I left the RC assembled in the motorcycle trunk instead of the backpack to gain time. It took a few bumps and shakes and the screw posts inside the RC cracked, making the 2 part shell slightly loose. I had to open it up, disassemble the parts and build new posts. Took quite some time and effort to get it right, even more than fixing AC shells to be honest. I also applied some CF epoxy inside the RC shell to prevent further problems, and fixed the antenna posts because I installed a DBS on this one too. It's now rock solid all over, and looks like new too. But it's an issue, indeed.

A firmware update would not cause the RC shell to crack.

maybe one day dji will start using better plastic or due some inspections on materials they are using

They're bound to although you'd think they'd like to back that up with other signs of of damage from being dropped, scuffs, chips etc etc, I wouldn't put it past dji to cause that damage themselves hence I'd take photos beforehand with the serial number in view, trouble is the receipt is illegible so I can't send it back

They're bound to although you'd think they'd like to back that up with other signs of of damage from being dropped, scuffs, chips etc etc, I wouldn't put it past dji to cause that damage themselves hence I'd take photos beforehand with the serial number in view, trouble is the receipt is illegible so I can't send it back
get a new receipt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl