Cracks on top of batteries

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I went out flying last weekend, and noticed that all three of my P4 batteries have small cracks just above the 4th LED, next to the power button. This is the first time I've noticed them, and all three batteries are less than one year old. I've only got roughly 15 hours on each battery. I am very careful about keeping them at the 50% range when storing them, so I don't THINK these cracks could be caused by swelling.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

~Joey

That is a known issue for the first version of the P4 batteries. It's only a cosmetic defect. Contact DJI support if you want to get them replaced.

Hi All,

This is an update to my earlier post concerning cracks on the tops of my P4 batteries:

I contacted DJI upon msinger's recommendation. After several emails, photos, conflicting messages, warranty issues, safety issue claims, and 4 weeks, DJI FINALLY came down on the right side of the conversation. After dealing with Florez from DJI, and after what I felt were a few messages in which I experienced some issues with the language barrier, Florenz handed me off to DJI support, and they promptly emailed me that they would replace the batteries. Just over 4 weeks later, (Yesterday) I received 3 brand new P4 batteries!

I know that DJI support often takes a beating (and perhaps rightly so) here in the forums, and while the entire experience was a bit trying at times, I have to admit that, at least in MY case, DJI stepped up to the plate! Technically, all three batteries were out of warranty (although my 3rd battery was only 1 month out of warranty), they COULD have just said 'tough luck" (which they initially did). In the end, they did the right thing, and replaces all of them. My advice to anyone dealing with DJI, is to not take NO for an answer. I stayed civil and friendly, and eventually, they helped me!

~Joey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20