Cracks and noise

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

New to the forum, you are doing a great work.
I just bought the p3p a month ago and took it with me on vacation.

After countless ours of reading and watching videos (still not enough to totally understand the core settings) I managed to fly it.
I took many videos in 4k, shooting at 25fps and I have a lot of cracks and many times a lot of noise in my videos. I am pretty new to all this and my hardware is not high-end. I use a cheap tablet and my laptop cannot replay the 4k videos I shoot.
My question is if I replay those videos in a high-end device will the cracks and the noise still be there? Is that the way they are stored in the sd card? I read in a thread someone asking if "you took the original files from the device or the files from the sd"? The files in my tablet play flawlessly and the size is significantly smaller. From where should I take the files to use for editing? From the sd card, or the device? Will a better tablet reduce cracks and noise during filming? If I shoot in 4k and then for editing convert the file in 1080p will it give me better quality than shooting directly in 1080p? What should I do to achieve the best quality? Note that I also shoot videos with a small hd 1080p camera and I want to mix the videos for the final result.

Secondly I want to ask how to handle the battery charges. After a flight should I charge the battery and store it fully charged or keep it that way around 25% and charge it before every flight. If I don't fly for like 2 weeks how should I behave?

Sorry for the big post, still learning.
Thank you.

Secondly I want to ask how to handle the battery charges. After a flight should I charge the battery and store it fully charged or keep it that way around 25% and charge it before every flight. If I don't fly for like 2 weeks how should I behave?
Storing the battery too full or too empty is not good for it.
Ideal storage charge is 50-60%.
The batteries will automatically self-discharge to storage level.
You can adjust the time they sit before discharging in the app.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you're going to shoot in 4k, then you will need a computer with a fair bit of processing power to edit your videos. To answer your question, you should remove the SD card from the aircraft, and insert it into a pc /Mac to edit the clips. I would suggest borrowing a fairly new machine and look at your clips there. There's bound to be an apple store near you or a computer shop - ask them if you can look at the clips on their machine?

Storing the battery too full or too empty is not good for it.
Ideal storage charge is 50-60%.
The batteries will automatically self-discharge to storage level.
You can adjust the time they sit before discharging in the app.

thank you..

If you're going to shoot in 4k, then you will need a computer with a fair bit of processing power to edit your videos.

I'm going to shoot in 4k but I'm thinking to covert the files to 1080p for easier editing. Will that make a huge difference in quality when I upload a video to youtube?

The other thing to look out for is what type of micro SD card you are using .. I am using a class 10
I am using the sd below but after reading more carefully decided to use the sd that came with the drone and be more carefull in the future about the speeds.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Me...TF8&qid=1471604064&sr=8-2&keywords=samsung+sd

Youtube seems to always downgrade my video definition when I upload them. I'm new to using Youtube though so maybe there's a setting in Youtube to keep them HD. About the 4k: I'm not even sure if Youtube can show 4k video in the first place. Maybe a more experienced Youtuber can answer.

And I agree with the others, to view or edit 4k video you'll need a pretty high end computer.

1080p shooting should be good enough to start with. There won't be much difference in shooting directly in 1080p and compressing 4K to 1080p. Difference might come if at all due to different compressing algorithms. I'm not saying you don't need 4K. If you have 4K monitor/ TV go for 4K videos, you would enjoy more.

You tube can directly show 4K videos.

Good quality video is always stored on SD card. The video on tablet is 720P and may have transmission noise. I never save videos on tablet as I find better version on SD card. You should have a class 10 or better SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Great_Lakes

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic