cracked motor housing

Reaction score
Helppp. . .
cracked housing.jpg

Searched and could find nothing on this. Was cleaning the p4 today and saw this. Less than 50 flights. Only 3 weeks old. Afraid to fly Looking towards the battery (from behind), this is the right motor, has the black dots on it.
Should I replace the motor?
How do I find which motor?
Dont want to send in for weeks so plan to replace myself. Any videos or walk-thrus????

Helppp. . .
View attachment 60212
Searched and could find nothing on this. Was cleaning the p4 today and saw this. Less than 50 flights. Only 3 weeks old. Afraid to fly Looking towards the battery (from behind), this is the right motor, has the black dots on it.
Should I replace the motor?
How do I find which motor?
Dont want to send in for weeks so plan to replace myself. Any videos or walk-thrus????
Why void your warranty? Make them fix it. At the minimum, have them send you a replacement motor. Why would you buy it out of pocket?

At the minimum, have them send you a replacement motor.
I doubt they will send out replacement parts for free.

They don't just send out free parts on demand. You'll need to send everything in, allow them to diagnose the problem, and repair it.

True, they are having me send it in to North American repair center ( I thought I would have to send to China) Said they will fix it free and support was great. Hope it wont take long

Best to send it back to DJI, I know it is painful. However, better fix it now than have a crash and its much worse.

Make sure you put a RED dot or something to signify where its faulty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1