Crack Repair Kit On Amazon

Those other stand offs make no difference as the plates rest flush against the arm at those points, the sleeves on those four holes do not rest on anything, they just slightly go into the screw holes. They do nothing. The reason for the rear standoffs is because the arm bends at that point and the plates are not flush. These stand offs rest in the screw holes of the same plastic that cracks. So there is no strength gain there either....but think what you want. Users of these plates still get cracks. The plastic is brittle, being in the sun probably accelerates the break down, plates or not.

We'll agree to disagree (even if I'm right :)). Happy flying !!

Distributing the forces over a larger area and reducing the twisting movements in the arms will reduce the incidence of cracks. The UAV Bits Strong Arms do both. The Phantoms arms are noticably stiffer with reinforcement plates and rock solid with the SubFrame.

The only problem with the product shown by the original poster is that reinforcement plate if flat. You REALLY want the ones that have the built-in inserts, see below.
They will fit better and provide more strength. It is IMPORTANT to not over-tighten any of these screws.The longer two (not the motor mounts) are going into a molded-in threaded insert that will break loose from the plastic if any force is put on them.

View attachment 62899

These birds are assembled with micro TQ....or to us U.S. guys inch ounces....does anyone have the TQ of all the different fasteners on the Phantom's?

Reactions: Numone
I have some hairline cracks by my rotors. Amazon sells a reinforcement plate to supposedly fixes this. Anyone ever try this?

Owoda 4Pcs CNC Metal Motor Protect Mount Base Quick Release Reinforcement Plates Anit-Crack Kit for DJI Phantom 2 3 RC Drone Quadcopter Spare Parts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GQ33LCS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QEMUxb5QEW6GB

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I think this will work great. I'm using a aftermarket snap-on guards. I've had my bird since Christmas and flying it in the crisps Montana winter temps, as of today with the guard mounts.....no cracks.

Sent from my SM-T800 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: iAm
These birds are assembled with micro TQ....or to us U.S. guys inch ounces....does anyone have the TQ of all the different fasteners on the Phantom's?

That would be GREAT information. I have looked for such a specification but have not found it.
Anyone that could post that would be appreciated, would take the guess work out of working on the shell.

I just installed these and they look great and feel solid. I checked with a high powered flashlight for stress cracks so I will remove them in a couple of months to see again if anything shows up. Time will tell.

Guys:
Forget this. The only solution is Plastic Aid. Been there, seen it.

All the rest doesnt work. Use search here on forum!

That would be GREAT information. I have looked for such a specification but have not found it.
Anyone that could post that would be appreciated, would take the guess work out of working on the shell.
There has got to be a way.......

I just installed these and they look great and feel solid. I checked with a high powered flashlight for stress cracks so I will remove them in a couple of months to see again if anything shows up. Time will tell.

Did you use the inserts? The screws don't reach when I use them. I'm looking at what
sjp0eqt posted to see if they are any better.

I used these plates for some time on my p3p with great success. No stress problems at all. A couple of days ago I crashed into the side of a mountain due to a miscalculation defining a Litchi mission (totally my fault). It slammed into a juniper tree at 26 MPH then tumbled to the ground (typical rocky mountain side surface). The shell was nearly undamaged. Gimbal OK too. The plates protected the arms and motor mounts perfectly. Still grounded though because one of the ESC must have given up: ESC status error (persistent). Waiting for a new main board to get installed.

Did you use the inserts? The screws don't reach when I use them. I'm looking at what
sjp0eqt posted to see if they are any better.
I did use the inserts but they go in so tight I was worried they'll cause it to crack so I removed them. I agree the ones with inserts molded in must be better.

Thanks Lifted Chevy.

Is any one using plates like this that already has cracks? Is it keeping the cracks from getting worse? So you feel safe flying now that the plates are on?

Guys:
Forget this. The only solution is Plastic Aid. Been there, seen it.

All the rest doesnt work. Use search here on forum!

Yup thats what I did as a preventative measure. I had no cracks to begin with. So far so good.

I have some hairline cracks by my rotors. Amazon sells a reinforcement plate to supposedly fixes this. Anyone ever try this?

Owoda 4Pcs CNC Metal Motor Protect Mount Base Quick Release Reinforcement Plates Anit-Crack Kit for DJI Phantom 2 3 RC Drone Quadcopter Spare Parts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GQ33LCS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QEMUxb5QEW6G

My concern is....if these plates are fitted ...before cracks appear...will this allow any crack(s) to get worse being unseen.

Any gain in glueing the plate over its entire coverage to the skin?

Those other stand offs make no difference as the plates rest flush against the arm at those points, the sleeves on those four holes do not rest on anything, they just slightly go into the screw holes. They do nothing. The reason for the rear standoffs is because the arm bends at that point and the plates are not flush. These stand offs rest in the screw holes of the same plastic that cracks. So there is no strength gain there either....but think what you want. Users of these plates still get cracks. The plastic is brittle, being in the sun probably accelerates the break down, plates or not.
Taking note of the UV effects on plastic...and here on Aussie, plant pots etc fall apart in a relative short time...is there any form of "sunblock" that could be applied to the body shell?

When I installed these I had to put the insert in with a screw first because it wouldn't fit. After a few flights I removed them and the inserts were stuck. No cracks before or after installing it but I can see it causing cracks or stress in that arm that won't save it either. Cheap China plastic is all it comes down to.

Well I just literally bought these too!
But how the heck am I going to re/install my propeller protectors now?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
07bcdb540f50177c251f08ed14ef8091.jpg

You don't. One or the other. You should have gotten the ones sjp0eqt posted. They seem to sit better and maybe have a better chance of not sliding around. They are also one piece. They are only a few dollars more.

Well I just literally bought these too!
But how the heck am I going to re/install my propeller protectors now?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
07bcdb540f50177c251f08ed14ef8091.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl