Crack on the upper legs.

I did complain about it I think it's very common in this things are happening very often but the DJIs, they really need to change the material of their drones..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

63708a9867905300b13e1c48ec27e411.jpg

Maybe the Phantom 5 will be engineered to withstand vibrations. That alone would be an improvement.

When flying very low to the ground last week I clipped a small rise and heard a 'snap'. After landing I saw similar cracks in the legs.

I don't attribute this to week legs but do blame myself for flying like that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

When flying very low to the ground last week I clipped a small rise and heard a 'snap'. After landing I saw similar cracks in the legs.
I don't attribute this to week legs but do blame myself for flying like that.
That's kinda a crack from the result of a crash at least you have a crack as a result of your own actions.

After looking at this thread, I took a look at my P4, and sure enough, I have the same thing going on with my upper legs (approx 5 hours flight time on it). On one of the legs, the 'anomaly' can clearly be seen with the naked eye, and on the other three, I had to use a flashlight to see the 'lines' by illuminating it perpendicular to the leg in order to bring out the shadowing of these 'lines'.

I then jumped on the DJI forum to see if it had any threads about this, and it did. It seems that the general sentiment is that these are mold or casting marks caused by the production process and not cracks, and I am tending to agree. I will keep an eye on this nonetheless, but I really doubt that there will be any change.

I admit I had a lucky escape yesterday. I crashed my drone into railings as I confused the controls with the yew and the camera. Boy did it scream as it hit the railings. But no cracks remarkably. It flew perfect. Only when I got home I noticed a chunk of the props was broken off. Lucky escape but these birds are quite tough so I don't think a little hair line crack will so any problems tho

Yes, they did it lol. I put some crazy glue and hope for the best... I noticed more "scratch marks" in different locations but I just give up with this people, I hope that they fix this problem with the phantom 5...

I did complain about it I think it's very common in this things are happening very often but the DJIs, they really need to change the material of their drones..

As much as the new drones cost, why not have a fiber reinforced shell somehow? I'd pay an extra 100-200 if so, and I'd bet at mass production rates it would cost DJI less than that. Why not? Probably because the drones would last a very long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31