Crack on the Phantom 4

Reaction score
18dd6a198071822efc041025ed39e63b.jpg

Hi,
Yesterday I noticed this Crack right under the motor on the plastic and I am very confused. I have not hit and tree, always in my hands landing very caring and carefull in manipulating with it but it happened! I think the strong wind might be the reason and this poor quality plastic can not handle for a too long long.
Any ideas how to fix this crack?
Super glue, tape? If I leave it like this is it safe for the drone and future flyings?

Get some Plast-Aid, it forms a physical and chemical bond. You can buy it on Amazon, or at your local Hot Tub supply store.

I would make enquiries to either the retailer or to DJI before attempting repairs of your own.

Just suppose you had a complete failure of the body and wrote off the a/c altogether. No a/c and out of pocket.

DJI are aware of these cracks and generally do their best to keep the customer happy.

If you purchased the P4 from a certified dealer within the past 12 months it should be covered under warranty. I went through this in January. Contact DJI Support for more direction. I would not personally fly it until its repaired. You don't know how much strength is left on that arm/mount. If you fix the crack yourself on the outside you don't know what the screw mount is like on the inside.

Sorry to hear you are the next member of the DJI Phantom 4 stress crack club. [emoji53]. It's troubling, angering, disappointing but, repairable. Be glad you discovered it before an 'unexplained/mysterious' crash.

Try Bondic
Amazon stock this.
I used it on 2 cracks on my phantom 5 months ago.
Amazing stuff!

Don't try to fix it on your own or you void the warranty. I just recently had this problem and sent the AC to DJI, they fixed it free of charge. I have owned it for 14 months so it was past warranty.
I believe this is a known defect.
If they say no you can always take peoples fix it advice from above afterwards.

18dd6a198071822efc041025ed39e63b.jpg

Hi,
Yesterday I noticed this Crack right under the motor on the plastic and I am very confused. I have not hit and tree, always in my hands landing very caring and carefull in manipulating with it but it happened! I think the strong wind might be the reason and this poor quality plastic can not handle for a too long long.
Any ideas how to fix this crack?
Super glue, tape? If I leave it like this is it safe for the drone and future flyings?
Yip bad crack just looking to at spring clips that push up under blade for tension they look bit flat which could make your blade move up and down just a bit when you on and off the gas,could cause crack to,i find my p4 i have to bend them up carefully to put good spring into it so blade clips down better,high stress area,this one spot of my drone i check the most.

Doesn't the bottom half of the shell carry most of the load of the motor, if not under warranty I'd pop the top off put a layer of good epoxy behind the crack

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl