Cover Phantom Flytrex mess up - Help Needed

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had booked the evening to install the flytrex core 2 in the P2V. On the last screw, i mean the last one - I used too much force and stripped the screw :(

screw.jpg

So I need help in the best approach to get this stripped guy out and can someone direct me to where I would get a set of replacement screws

Thanks in advance - Corncrake

aside from buying bits. try filling up the hole with a strong glue.
you can then try to chisel your screw driver into it and hopefully turn it.

Another option is to prop up the screw driver in it and superglue it together. Hopefully its enough to get it to twist.

it sounds funny, but there arent many options.
Also, get a replacement set of scrws for $10 :)

I already replaced 2 of those because they LOOKED like they were almost stripped.

Thanks capte26 & dragonash

Dragonash have you a link for the replacement screws or are they a standard?

If any of mentioned options dont work. You may have to find a very small reverse twist drill bit and drill in to it using a dril in reverse and it will drill in to it till it catchs and then will turn the screw out OR you can drill the head off using a regular rill bit thats just bigger then the head. Then you will have to take all other screws out so you can open the shell and then use pliers to turn the screw out by the nub sticking up were the head was drilled off.

You can get most any screw replaced at most any well stocked hardware store in the screws and nuts and bolt section in the mini meter size area. just bring one of the other ones with you and have one of the help find out what size it is for you. and by hardware store I mean a hardware store not home depot or lowes They will say they dont have any thing for that even if they do cause most of the people there are morons and dont know jack squat about much of any thing they sell. Unless you happen to find and older employee and even still they might not have any easy time finding it in the millions of items they have.

Thanks J.James

Used a small hacksaw to cut across the screw and create a grove for a flat head. Then no issue to remove. Flytrex installed and working. Thanks all

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4