Course Mode - Rotation in a straight line?

Reaction score
Hey there,

Quick question: I set my V2+ in course mode and tried a flight in a straight line while rotating the V2+. The course was not exactly straight. is this normal? (All settings were checked, have the most up to date firmware, GPS lock and compass adjusted).

Cheers,

Red5
"Standing By"

Red5 said:
Quick question: I set me V2+ in course mode and tried a shot in a straight line while rotating the V2+. The course was not exactly straight. is this normal? (All settings were checked, have the most up to date firmware, GPS lock and compass adjusted).

I've only done four flights so far, but I've noticed that hovering and rotating (edit: in GPS mode) will usually also pitch the copter a little in the direction the wind is blowing. This might be the same effect.

if you have CL on and flying whist spinning with 11 sats and it doesn't go straight, trying slowing down the yaw rate (you need to if you want good vids). You can see how much the yaw affects the radius of the spin by hovering. The faster the yaw, the greater the radius. Now if you apply this to straight flight, you will see how it affects the course of travel.

If you want to fix the yaw-radius issue, do %10 adjustments in the Phantom assist > Yaw Gains until the radius is minimised. I still recommend you doing slow yaws for footage (about 40-45 sec for a 360 spin). Please remember that YAW gains does not adjust yaw speed. This helps the motors "react" to stabilisation. You will notice if a gain is too low, the phantom may wobble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers