Course lock, no Brainer!

Reaction score
I've been flying a few times over the last week since getting my Vision, and broken a couple rotor guards...

Now I learn about course lock. Why would I not want to use that?

I've been flying a few times over the last week since getting my Vision, and broken a couple rotor guards...

Now I learn about course lock. Why would I not want to use that?

in all honesty I don't know why course lock is not native to phantom mode, it seems like would help rookies from messing up orientation and crashing or "flying" away when user panics!

in all honesty I don't know why course lock is not native to phantom mode, it seems like would help rookies from messing up orientation and crashing or "flying" away when user panics!

I disagree. Most dont understand about orientation already. If naza ioc was enabled of the box there would be a million more crashes. Can you imagine the phone calls to dji.. 'ummm... my fwd is not fwd and right is left and my face has cuts becuase backwards is fwd'. Dji has done the right thing. They should have laid out more bread crumbs though and given the user the manual with 'read more' links.

I disagree. Most dont understand about orientation already. If naza ioc was enabled of the box there would be a million more crashes. Can you imagine the phone calls to dji.. 'ummm... my fwd is not fwd and right is left and my face has cuts becuase backwards is fwd'. Dji has done the right thing. They should have laid out more bread crumbs though and given the user the manual with 'read more' links.
I agree. IOC is great IF you know how to use it. CL can really mess you up if you are not ready for it but it's a nice feature.

I really don't know as I don't use much . I keep in view and watch lights carefully
but I do note many many non gps quads offer this concept out of box as a fail safe method of flying.

again I not have personal knowledge but pointing out that others use that exact thing as a safety and ease of use feature!

Surprisingly to me, they break fairly easily. The first on was the DJI guard, I got turned disoriented and tangled up in a tree branch, hitting the gravel driveway broke it. The second one I broke was AcesDeals removable guard and I tangled up in a birdhouse pole I was doing circles around. Had I been in course-lock, neither of those incidents would have happened (or so I think).

I've had my P2v+ for almost a year and really didn't know what usefulness CL could be used for til I seen toms tech time video.

In his video he showed in-depth what it can be used for and how to use. The video below shows clips of aerial shots, using course lock. The video is just some clips of me practicing, really makes for interesting shots.

Toms tech time video link is attached to my comment section. Take a look...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Course lock is not a safety feature. It won't prevent crashes and as was pointed out above can be very confusing to operators not experienced with it. It is intended to be a photography tool rather than a flight aid.

Home lock could be a safety feature since it aids in returning the quad directly home from any direction or orientation as long as there are no obstacles between the quad and Home.

I tangled up in a birdhouse pole I was doing circles around. Had I been in course-lock, neither of those incidents would have happened (or so I think).

In CL, you would not have been able to do circles around a pole.

Take a look
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Perhaps I need to relook my thought process and study again...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen