Course lock for dummies

Reaction score
Anyone that can explain how this works for silly people like myself?.
I update to the latest firmware and when I go to fly it I cannot understand how it works....
Thanks!

Anyone that can explain how this works for silly people like myself?.
I update to the latest firmware and when I go to fly it I cannot understand how it works....
Thanks!

Home lock saved my drone yesterday at
.7km out when my screen died!

How could you set up Home lock without the screen?. In the Phanthom 3 you would need to select it from the F-mode in the screen....

How could you set up Home lock without the screen?. In the Phanthom 3 you would need to select it from the F-mode in the screen....
Maybe he had it on home lock when he lost picture-- in that case, you would pull back on the stick it would come straight back to you.

TTT does great easy to understand vids. He has one updated for the P3.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: bobmyers
Home lock saved my drone yesterday at
.7km out when my screen died!
The OP asked about Course lock. Not to hi-jack his thread, but....I "assume" by screen died, you mean the screen went black with no fpv video, not actually died. I ask because I have wondered I you could operate Home Lock when the screen goes black

The OP asked about Course lock. Not to hi-jack his thread, but....I "assume" by screen died, you mean the screen went black with no fpv video, not actually died. I ask because I have wondered I you could operate Home Lock when the screen goes black
I would assume that it would work if it was in Homelock-- the P3 is in Home Lock and losing the signal shouldn't negate that -- my assumption.

If you loose the video signal, doesn't mean you have lost the RC signal. If I still had my android devices, I would test this, but my iPad Mini doesn't go screen black on every flight. :eek: I don't see why HL wouldn't work, screen black, just wondering if someone has actually tested it.

What real life use is course lock for flying/video taking?

I'm really not sure of why it's exists.
If you want to move parallel to a subject and keep the camera pointed in the same direction-- course lock would work great-- ie-- filming rowing racing on a river -- one example

But what's the difference between pointing at the rower and just pushing right aileron rather than pre-setting the nose direction, turning sideways and then having all your controls mucked up?

I just doesn't seem to make any sense to me personally and just mucks up you innate orientation knowledge.

If I was going to film a race, I'd probably rather use the mode where the drone moves solely in a direction you set and you simply pan and tilt the camera whilst speeding it up slowing it down. Or use a cable cam/waypoint and adjust the speed in between them so you truly get a nice straight line shot.

I might be missing something here but it just seems odd to me personally.

If the P3 had a switch like was side before and something failed so you can just use 'back' to bring it back to you regardless of orientation, then that would be ok and extremely useful.

If you want to move parallel to a subject and keep the camera pointed in the same direction-- course lock would work great-- ie-- filming rowing racing on a river -- one example

But what's the difference between pointing at the rower and just pushing right aileron rather than pre-setting the nose direction, turning sideways and then having all your controls mucked up?

I just doesn't seem to make any sense to me personally and just mucks up you innate orientation knowledge.

If I was going to film a race, I'd probably rather use the mode where the drone moves solely in a direction you set and you simply pan and tilt the camera whilst speeding it up slowing it down. Or use a cable cam/waypoint and adjust the speed in between them so you truly get a nice straight line shot.

I might be missing something here but it just seems odd to me personally.

If the P3 had a switch like was side before and something failed so you can just use 'back' to bring it back to you regardless of orientation, then that would be ok and extremely useful.
You can always bring it back by pulling straight back on the right stick. What about locking on a runner on a track with the camera and following him around the truck-- centered in the frame-- you are moving parallel with the track back and forth-- left and right-- and you can move closer to the track or back away-- forward and back-- I am going to a track and experiment :D:D:D:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers