Couple of questions!!

Looks like the Phantom was 250-300 ft away when you lost signal. I also think that is a bit strange... I have had the occasional building get in the way while still maintaining a strong signal (although the practice is ill-advised). Altitude is a factor here. If the Phantom dropped behind the building and the rocks I can see how you would lose signal. Also, the construction of the buildings would be a factor.

Think of it like this. Imagine the Phantom is shining a flashlight at the remote control. If the remote can see the beam of light, you have a signal. If the beam of light is blocked, you don't have a signal. It's a little more complicated than that, but the analogy should give you an idea. Always be careful when flying outside line-of-sight, as many factors can cause signal loss.

it wasnt behind rocks but building was infront of me.. I will try and see how high I was at the time

Concerning your still photos, if your ISO or film speed is to high, you will surely have a grainy look. I would use a ISO of 800 or less.

I didn't read all of the thread, but I did see your photo of the lighthouse. I noticed it had two very large and powerful electric motors on the top of the porch. If either of these were turned on, that can cause you to lose signal, compass, and a host of other items too. Not sure if you were around this when you lost signal. Just a thought.

[Edit] Plus there seems to be an antenna at the very top. There are also some high tension power lines close by too. This can cause a lot of interference. Maybe you were effected by this.

I didn't read all of the thread, but I did see your photo of the lighthouse. I noticed it had two very large and powerful electric motors on the top of the porch. If either of these were turned on, that can cause you to lose signal, compass, and a host of other items too. Not sure if you were around this when you lost signal. Just a thought.

[Edit] Plus there seems to be an antenna at the very top. There are also some high tension power lines close by too. This can cause a lot of interference. Maybe you were effected by this.

I lost signal on a different side of the area no where near the light house

I lost signal on a different side of the area no where near the light house

It would be nice if there was a gadget that would give a reading of interference and the type in a particular area. But, that doesn't help if you are going for a distance run. But for photography in a specific area it would be great. Anyone know of such a device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers