Couple of questions!!

Reaction score
Ok I have a P3A and I have had a couple of things im not sure how to fix.

First: I am using an IPad pro 12.9 and this weekend I was on the coast and i flew down the coast behind some houses and I lost video feed?? not sure why I was less than 100 feet high and prob 200 feet away but there was a house in line of site

2nd: With the Ipad pro (it isnt on a network) I tried the litchi App and I couldnt get a map to load? anyone know why? I even used my Cell phone as a wifi hotspot with full bars and it wouldnt give me a map? is there a way to fix this? is there a gps dongle or something i can use? is one needed?

3: why does the video of my flights on the dji go and litchi apps not clear ?

4: still photos are grainy in full sunlight? do you know why this may happen?
SOOC-0038.jpg

Let me answer to my best of knowledge:

1. Going behind a building will block the signal, it will be worse if building contained magnetic material like steel structures.

2. Does your iPad Pro have GPS? If no, then you need to have an external GPS, like Garmin...

3. Video stream is 720 P and not very high resolution. It looks good on 7 " screen.

4. Answer is similar to point 3 above. Check the SD card saved images if you want quality.

1. I get some video interference from sparse trees if in LOS
2. Do you have video cache selected in DJI app. I look at the maps at home of the area I will fly and then they cache and go with me

I have no problems with the maps in dji go this was with the litchi app. so maybe there is something similar
Let me answer to my best of knowledge:

1. Going behind a building will block the signal, it will be worse if building contained magnetic material like steel structures.

2. Does your iPad Pro have GPS? If no, then you need to have an external GPS, like Garmin...

3. Video stream is 720 P and not very high resolution. It looks good on 7 " screen.

4. Answer is similar to point 3 above. Check the SD card saved images if you want quality.

the photo is from the sd card

1. I get some video interference from sparse trees if in LOS
2. Do you have video cache selected in DJI app. I look at the maps at home of the area I will fly and then they cache and go with me

Yes on dji go video catch is on recording

First: I am using an IPad pro 12.9 and this weekend I was on the coast and i flew down the coast behind some houses and I lost video feed?? not sure why I was less than 100 feet high and prob 200 feet away but there was a house in line of site

2nd: With the Ipad pro (it isnt on a network) I tried the litchi App and I couldnt get a map to load? anyone know why? I even used my Cell phone as a wifi hotspot with full bars and it wouldnt give me a map? is there a way to fix this? is there a gps dongle or something i can use? is one needed?

3: why does the video of my flights on the dji go and litchi apps not clear ?

4: still photos are grainy in full sunlight? do you know why this may happen?
1. Fly behind objects = lose signal. You can't avoid physics

2. This has nothing to do with GPS at all.
You have to enable map caching in the Apple version of the app. (video cache is something else)

3. If you want clear video, look at what's recorded on the card direct from the camera.
The video feed in the app is 720p and subject to whatever interference is in the area.

4. There is a limit to how much you can blow up a 12MP image without pixelation.

1. Fly behind objects = lose signal. You can't avoid physics

2. This has nothing to do with GPS at all.
You have to enable map caching in the Apple version of the app. (video cache is something else)

3. If you want clear video, look at what's recorded on the card direct from the camera.
The video feed in the app is 720p and subject to whatever interference is in the area.

4. There is a limit to how much you can blow up a 12MP image without pixelation.

Ok how do people fly far away with out losing video.. I mean ill show a map of the flight path and where I lost it.
Untitled.png

2 is there map caching in Litchi??? or dji go for that matter?

4. I didnt blow up that photo that is Strait out of camera.. no edits.. I was able to edit it to look like this but I thought for 12 mp it was kinda crappy SOOC
Edited -0038.jpg

Ok how do people fly far away with out losing video.. I mean ill show a map of the flight path and where I lost it.
4. I didnt blow up that photo that is Strait out of camera.. no edits.. I was able to edit it to look like this but I thought for 12 mp it was kinda crappy SOOC

1. Far away is very different from flying behind an obstacle.
Your Phantom can maintain signal for many kilometres if it has a clear line of sight back to the controller.
Fly behind some trees, a house, a mountain or a giant Buddha and you break the line of sight and lose signal.

2. Definitely in the Go app and I'd assume the same for Litchi

3. It's a small, lightweight 12 MP camera. A Nikon D800 will give better photographic results .. but it won't go where the Phantom can.

Reactions: With The Birds
I'm surprised you lost signal there. I definitely go behind objects without signal loss. And yes, both apps have caching. That should work also. It only caches for a while though.

I'm surprised you lost signal there. I definitely go behind objects without signal loss. And yes, both apps have caching. That should work also. It only caches for a while though.

cant see to find it is it a setting or do i just need to visit the maps prior to going to the site?

cant see to find it is it a setting or do i just need to visit the maps prior to going to the site?
Yes you just move around the map prior to flight while you're online. Also if I'm not mistaken it caches at the zoom level you move around at. Be sure to zoom in while caching.

Yes you just move around the map prior to flight while you're online. Also if I'm not mistaken it caches at the zoom level you move around at. Be sure to zoom in while caching.

Ok thank you... kind of pissed me off wanted to use litchi for waypoints and some others but couldnt bring up the map lol keep putting me in the middle of the Atlantic ocean

Do i have to look around while im in the app or just the maps app

If you are using an Apple device, there is an additional setting in the app to enable map caching.

This is why you lost signal
i-CQ2WWCC-L.jpg

The frequency used by the Phantom does not penetrate obstacles well.
Something to remember in your flight planning ....
If you fly behind an object that is higher than your RTH height, you can lose signal and have your Phantom RTH right into the obstacle.

If you are using an Apple device, there is an additional setting in the app to enable map caching.

This is why you lost signal
i-CQ2WWCC-L.jpg

The frequency used by the Phantom does not penetrate obstacles well.
Something to remember in your flight planning ....
If you fly behind an object that is higher than your RTH height, you can lose signal and have your Phantom RTH right into the obstacle.

I figured that but just surprised me ...
I have my RTH set at like 165 feet lol so im higher than almost everything..

and i cant seem to find any map caching in Litchi or Dji go.. I have video caching in Dji go but no map

Ok how do people fly far away with out losing video.. I mean ill show a map of the flight path and where I lost it. View attachment 50303

View attachment 50304

Looks like the Phantom was 250-300 ft away when you lost signal. I also think that is a bit strange... I have had the occasional building get in the way while still maintaining a strong signal (although the practice is ill-advised). Altitude is a factor here. If the Phantom dropped behind the building and the rocks I can see how you would lose signal. Also, the construction of the buildings would be a factor.

Think of it like this. Imagine the Phantom is shining a flashlight at the remote control. If the remote can see the beam of light, you have a signal. If the beam of light is blocked, you don't have a signal. It's a little more complicated than that, but the analogy should give you an idea. Always be careful when flying outside line-of-sight, as many factors can cause signal loss.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4