Couple of questions..please answer

Reaction score
1. What happened to the far right button next to the shutter? I'm transitioning from a p3p, and that button used to be videos/photos shot. What button do I press to preview the files I shot/recorded?

2. After I do an AEB/(I think this applies to single shots too), the screen goes temporarily grey, then it goes back to normal once it seems to load. Is this normal? Is this just a transition for the shots being saved?

3. I set my on/off front lights to c2. Once I press it, it seems like there is a delay compared to the p3p. It's not much of a problem, but since this is new, I need to make sure that this isn't tainted in any way. (Test was ran with windsurfers on)

4. Does anyone have any good tutorials on the new aperture feature? I'm sure there are plenty of people here that know a lot more than me when it comes down to phantom photography, so can anyone let me know the gist of the p4p aperture setting?

5. I keep getting ambient light is too low. Again I'm transitioning from a p3p, so this is my first time with obstacle avoidance. What exactly does this mean?

.....and I did NOT open the manual yet because this can be a faq post for others to quickly reference to. :)

As an early adopter of a new model the answers will be a little slow comming while people get familiar with things (I suspect 20 mins tops with the manual will give you everything you have asked with the exception of the front boom lights turn off delay and the aperture setting).

With respect to the aperture standard photography principals apply. EV is reduced with increasing aperture (smaller hole to admit light to the sensor). Contrary to what you may intuitively expect wider apertures (smaller F stop numbers) will give you greater sharpness. 20mp, even on a 1"sensor is a high photosite density so the diffraction limit will become aparent in a reasonable sized print from f4 to 5.6 (at a guess, you will find online calculators to tell you the magic number). Its a trade off, smaller apertures increase depth if feild at the expense of overall sharpness once the diffraction limited aperture is exceeded.

As an early adopter of a new model the answers will be a little slow comming while people get familiar with things (I suspect 20 mins tops with the manual will give you everything you have asked with the exception of the front boom lights turn off delay and the aperture setting).

With respect to the aperture standard photography principals apply. EV is reduced with increasing aperture (smaller hole to admit light to the sensor). Contrary to what you may intuitively expect wider apertures (smaller F stop numbers) will give you greater sharpness. 20mp, even on a 1"sensor is a high photosite density so the diffraction limit will become aparent in a reasonable sized print from f4 to 5.6 (at a guess, you will find online calculators to tell you the magic number). Its a trade off, smaller apertures increase depth if feild at the expense of overall sharpness once the diffraction limited aperture is exceeded.
Thanks... for explaining it.

I'll definately check out the manual^

My playback button doesn't seem to work when I press it...does anyone else have this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan