Couple of Questions at once

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum so I apologise if similar questions have been posted but I couldn't find the answers I wanted:

1) I read that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite will work with the DJI App, but what about just plain Samsung Galaxy Tab 3?

2) I already have an ND filter and a carbon base plate protector on, will the propeller guards affect the flight of P3 at all? I am not so keen on getting them, but if they will not interfere, I guess why not?

3) After about 10 flights around in my open neighbourhood, I am still afraid to fly away distance-wise as once I probably wasn't facing the drone with my RC Controller and the app said 'disconnected' and it took me a while to get the drone back with just controlling and looking at the drone. What happens when I fly towards the 2km range, will the P3 warn me that it's losing signal, or will it not allow me to continue flying? I am afraid of a 'fly-away' or even flying above water in case it disconnects - and in that case what does one do?

Cheers!

1) I don't know
2) Not that I am aware of, but I haven't ever flown with prop guards :)
3) With just 10 flights, I would practice more. Try and fly in a very open area, you can see the signal bars and will be able to tell if they start dropping. Once your competence grows with flight, so will your confidence. Just don't get too over confident, it leads to bad things, like meeting tops of trees.
I have had instances where I've lost signal, hit RTH and made it back into signal range, but that has only happened in one very narrow area of my neighborhood.
Practice
Read the Manual
Practice
Read the Manual
Practice
Read the Manual

Have fun!!!

Hi guys, new to the forum so I apologise if similar questions have been posted but I couldn't find the answers I wanted:

1) I read that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite will work with the DJI App, but what about just plain Samsung Galaxy Tab 3?

2) I already have an ND filter and a carbon base plate protector on, will the propeller guards affect the flight of P3 at all? I am not so keen on getting them, but if they will not interfere, I guess why not?

3) After about 10 flights around in my open neighbourhood, I am still afraid to fly away distance-wise as once I probably wasn't facing the drone with my RC Controller and the app said 'disconnected' and it took me a while to get the drone back with just controlling and looking at the drone. What happens when I fly towards the 2km range, will the P3 warn me that it's losing signal, or will it not allow me to continue flying? I am afraid of a 'fly-away' or even flying above water in case it disconnects - and in that case what does one do?

Cheers!
I'm not to familiar with android but I had a tab 4 for a few days and immediately took it back and ended up with a iPad Air 2

I've never used the guards. If it did it would probably be minimal.

At what distance? It might not be a distance issue. Upload your flight records with healthydrones.com and it'll help you understand better why you disconnected.

I had the samsung tab 4 and didnt like it I had to much lag for my liking, broke down and spent the extra cash and bought the ipad mini 2, love it no lag at all, I know the samsung is cheaper and did have a nice picture but the lag bothered me....get what ya pay for i guess

Cheers!
Download this and read and study
Dropbox - DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf

You will be much wiser about the P3 when you finish -- also have you read and studied the DJI Manual on the P3?
You need the ground school knowledge from both of these documents if you are a newbie and just starting out.

What Firmware version are you running?

For Question 1-- just try it out-- if you are getting lag and lost signal-- you may have to change, but it should work.
If the controller and aircraft connect, then it probably will work.

For question 2-- if you are new-- the prop guards may save some props -- but you probably will wind up taking them off after you learn. No they don't affect the flight of the P3 noticeably, but some believe that it does.

For question 3, don't try to learn in your neighborhood around a lot of trees, structures and home wifi signals. Go to a park or remote location where your signal will be better. Make sure that you have the antennas perpendicular to the ground as described in the Manual.

Have fun, learn safely and enjoy the hobby.:):)

Reactions: Ken Taylor
Don't worry too much about losing signal. It is normally the video feed that goes not the controller signal.I just hit RTH and then cancel it when the P3 is back in range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31