Couple of Hero3 Questions

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions that maybe someone can answer.

What settings do you have your Hero3 set at? I have mine at 1080P 60 FPS. I have tried Wide and Meduim and I still seem to get the left front landing gear in my frame. I have tried different tilt angles and still don't seem to get a clean frame. I watch all these video's online and I see a few like mine, but most are nice shots.

Second - Do any of you connect to your Hero via wireless with your PC/laptop to watch the video you just shot? I have done it via 10.5.5.9:8080 and the connection is great. Once I start to watch a video it takes forever to watch like it needs to download it first and if that is the case, the Download takes FOREVER! It's much quicker via the USB cable and just copy the video from the camera local and watch it that way.

Thanks

Rick

How do you have your GP mounted? It may be to far back. I get no legs in my shots on wide.
1080 60fps is best. Wide is raw. Med and narrow is digitally adjusted.
To get the best playback you need to off load the card to a drive. I use a external drive that is faster than my onboard Mac drive.
MP4 is a hard codec to play back. You need to convert in FCP to Mov or convert in the GP software to a apple or windows codecs.

Hope that helps.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
I use 1080P, 50FPS, PAL, Protune on, Medium. The Hero3 is mounted on the Phantom original support, pointed forward and I don't see the landing gear on the frame. After the flight, I download the files that I'm interested in via USB at about 10MB/sec. Sometimes it takes several minutes to download all files. Then I watch the files on the PC, delete some more files and take some notes of the best parts of the remaining on a Excel file. Someday I'll find a good free program to edit the files...

edunwody said:
How do you have your GP mounted? It may be to far back. I get no legs in my shots on wide.
To get the best playback you need to off load the card to a drive. I use a external drive that is faster than my onboard Mac drive.
MP4 is a hard codec to play back. You need to convert in FCP to Mov or convert in the GP software to a apple or windows codecs.

Hope that helps.

E

I am using the original Phantom mount that came with it. So there is really no way to have it mounted to far back. It is pointing the same way as the nose of the Phantom (battrery compartment).

I always seem to get the front of the left landing gear in my frame...Hmmmm.

Flyboy said:
edunwody said:

Hope that helps.

E

I am using the original Phantom mount that came with it. So there is really no way to have it mounted to far back. It is pointing the same way as the nose of the Phantom (battrery compartment).

I always seem to get the front of the left landing gear in my frame...Hmmmm.
I must admit that is strange. Not sure what that issue could be. The only time I get legs is when the GP is pointed straight down. For that I change to Med or Narrow.
About all I got on that subject.

E

Thanks for the replies. I will continue to play with it to see if I am missing something. I'll keep you posted.

Rick

Flyboy said:
Thanks for the replies. I will continue to play with it to see if I am missing something. I'll keep you posted.

Rick

Do that. I would be interested in your troubleshooting.

One thing is if you have a iPhone you can use the GP wifi app while on the ground to check your FOV (field of view) or use the screen back PAC option.

E

edunwody said:
Flyboy said:

Rick

Do that. I would be interested in your troubleshooting.

One thing is if you have a iPhone you can use the GP wifi app while on the ground to check your FOV (field of view) or use the screen back PAC option.

E

Good call on the GP WiFi App. I will install that on my iPhone and this way I can get a FOV. Thanks!!!

At least with the original Phantom (not the Vision), you sure don't want to use the Hero3's WiFi for FPV!!

The WiFi signal from the camera can interfere with your radio resulting in loss of control in a manner that overrides Return To Home and a lost Phantom.

There's lots of warnings on this.

bumper

He's using the wifi for ground FOV. He's not flying with wifi.
He was having a issue with the legs showing up in the shot. It just for trouble shooting on the ground.

E

edunwody said:
He's using the wifi for ground FOV. He's not flying with wifi.
He was having a issue with the legs showing up in the shot. It just for trouble shooting on the ground.

E

Somebody just asked the same question on another post. My HERO3 is set to 1080p 60fps Medium. I also have my camera angled downward slightly. No landing skids in my video. I'm using the VGE anti-jellow mount and it's slightly lower than the stock mount. That could be why. Check out two of my videos below, at .07 seconds (video intro) you can see how mine is mounted. Good Luck!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8EhNmXso7g[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frxdQw0oLIs[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers