Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Couple of GS newb questions

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by Buckaye, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Buckaye

Aug 24, 2014

My first question is about an ipad with wifi and cellular. Something tells me I should disable both the cellular and the wifi radios on the iPad and just leave the bluetooth radio on. So - that's the way I use it. However, I am curious if I am being too paranoid or if that is a necessary practice?

My second question is, I have made the mistake of walking too far from the GS to hit start on my gopro to record and lost connection with the GS Bluetooth (which seems to be a crazy short/weak signal to begin with) - Once I lose connection to the GS - the only way I can think to re-establish the connection is to close the app and re-open it. Am I wrong? Is there another way to force the app to scan again?

The last thing is an observation - it's hot as Heck here in Florida - so my ipad overheated after my first flight yesterday. Do any of you have good tricks for keeping your ipad cool in direct sunlight? I was thinking of maybe one of those clip on fans or something... but was wondering if anyone solved this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help :)