Couple of GPS - atti questions.

Reaction score
Yesterday I finally decided to able up naza mode. First thing that happened was that I accidentally updated from 08 to 12. Flew fine with no problems from the update, but as for my questions:
1 If I'm flying in phantom mode and loose satellite contact, does the unit automatically switch to atti?
2. When setting up the S1 and S2 functions, it seems that S1 went to GPS for top position, atti for middle position, and no options were shown to set up failsafe. (My phantom is a vision 2+V3)
Thanks for any info!
(In case you can't tell, I'm still pretty new with this, and I'm a really old guy!)

edmcmeans said:
If I'm flying in phantom mode and loose satellite contact, does the unit automatically switch to atti?
By phantom mode, I'm assuming you mean GPS mode (S1 switch in the top position).

When you're in GPS mode and your satellite count drops below 6, you'll be in non-GPS mode. That flies like ATTI, but it's not ATTI. The major difference is that you'll be in GPS mode again as soon as you have 6+ satellites. When in ATTI (the middle S1 switch position), you're always flying without GPS -- even when you have 6+ satellites.

edmcmeans said:
When setting up the S1 and S2 functions, it seems that S1 went to GPS for top position, atti for middle position, and no options were shown to set up failsafe.
The bottom S1 switch position defaults to manual -- which you do not want to use. Connect to the Phantom Assistant again an ensure it's set to failsafe.

Thanks, I'll connect again and look for failsafe, but I did do that twice and for S1 I don't get that bar thing with the options on it like I get for S2. All I get where I expect the bar to be is the text: Gps,atti. Nothing else. Could they have changed something there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1