Couple of battery questions please!

Reaction score
Firstly can you leave a fully charged battery in a P3P in a DJI backpack or is it unadvisable?
Secondly after flight I find it difficult to remove the battery from the aircraft. Is this normal due to the fact it's warm and might of expanded or should it be easier?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

can you leave a fully charged battery in a P3P in a DJI backpack
I haven't heard of any issues as a result of doing this. However, I don't store batteries in my Phantoms when not in use.

after flight I find it difficult to remove the battery from the aircraft
I think it's due to the fact that the some batteries have a little more play on the sides where the battery snaps into your Phantom. Make sure the tabs on the sides of the battery are depressed fully before attempting to pull the battery out.

Thank you. I thought as much about leaving the battery in, its just there's only three slots in the DJI case for battery's so I was thinking of squeezing another one in the aircraft?
As to the removal of the battery I do always squeeze the tabs is just feels a bit flimsy at times and am worried about cracking the casing!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

its just there's only three slots in the DJI case for battery's so I was thinking of squeezing another one in the aircraft?
It would be okay to do if you're traveling to/from your flying site. I'm just suggesting that you don't store your battery in the Phantom when you return back home.

Unsold P3's while awaiting their new owners are stored and shipped with the batteries installed. I'm not sure it would hurt yours if DJI does this anyway. I don't recall them suggesting not to store them in the Phantom, but I understand why people would choose not to.

If it was for a short time, I can't see storing the battery in the P3 causing any harm.

SD

Unsold P3's while awaiting their new owners are stored and shipped with the batteries installed. I'm not sure it would hurt yours if DJI does this anyway. I don't recall them suggesting not to store them in the Phantom, but I understand why people would choose not to.

If it was for a short time, I can't see storing the battery in the P3 causing any harm.

SD
They are fully discharged though.

Not fully, but partially. Can't fully discharge a lipo and keep it there without damage. Lipos usually shipped at 50% charge.

SD
ok you are right, what I meant was that they are discharged as much as they possibly can be from the auto discharge feature.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic