Couple claim drone is used for stalking them

phantomi said:
Did everyone notice the telescope pointing out the window of the "victims?

This is happening directly west of me about 15 miles away, so I know the area well, and I've seen a few articles in the local news about this paranoid couple.
The "victim's" house is on a bluff above Puget Sound with an incredible view of the Sound, Vashon Island, and the peninsula in the far distance. That is where their telescope is pointed - probably for whale watching. Like a lot of people with Sound views, they don't have blinds or curtains on their water facing windows.

I've never seen an interview with the drone owner, but just knowing the location - I'd be flying often from my deck to film the views of the Sound, the sunsets, etc. I doubt the guy is spying on anyone. Feuding neighbors and one happens to have a drone...

People are always paranoid of things they do. If they are afraid on someone spying on them it is because they are (or were) spying on others.
Now of course they are upset. It was fair game when everyone just had a telescope. Now someone has one-upped them with a drone.

The problem is not these two old people and their concern, rather how the news-story is perceived by many others non-drone owners.
This does damage the reputation of the hobby, as it implants the idea that these gadgets are used for spying. I've had a discussion with a policeman once who came to me once and said: who are you spying on? I let him look at the screen and he saw that there was no person discernible at the altitude this thing was flying. But we can't show everyone and I'm sure even if you showed these neighbors , they would not be convinced. They don't want to be convinced they are wrong. They are on a mission - a mission to stop the drone flying in their neighborhood.

There is as guy who was posting you tube videos about being followed by drones and he was always seeing what looked like different phantoms at different times day and night. Tho no one is watching him with them and cant be esp not following him. But he does have one video in his car while going home from work that he was able to predict would be there waiting for him and sure enough after a few mins driving it was there. So some one just might be screwing with him or some thing esp being that he posts utube vids about his paranoia. Tho what was real sad was how over the course of less then a year of his videos you can actually see the guys entire mental state deteriorate as time goes on and he even looks physically sick from it to and like some one whos running for there life and always looking over there shoulders. To point that if some one is just messing with him just to mess with him they took it to the extream and the guy in now a basket case and he didnt seem to nutty at first just paranoid. I felt so bad after seeing his mental state get so bad over time on his videos that I tried to reach out to him to look at any of the videos from any of my phantoms from different heights to show that they cant really be spying on him esp any of the night time flights. Even if its some one or a few people just flying them near him to freak him out or he lives someplace were there happens to be a lot of people that own and fly them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl