Could this be the coming new Canadian law?

Reaction score
dc41b54723c3d74e1e47120c0d2d9352.jpg

Seems legit, if I don't smile I'm doing research.

Seriously where'd you find this is, and is that "File the form" link active?

I read that flow chart wrong altogether, lol. It's just a pretty picture of the current regs.

I'm not really scared, even if they toughen the laws they'll just be there as a safety net if they need to prosecute someone for doing something reckless, maybe make an example of someone in a big city. Rural cops so far as I can tell don't care although I am waiting to see what happens if "do you know how much property tax I pay?" guy calls 911 because he doesn't like my drone keeping my 75m clearance between other parties or landing and flying in a safe controlled unobtrusive manner in his park, pretty sure a "sorry, I'll leave then" will be sufficient.

I'm not quite sure how to read all of this. If I stay in the class G (all uncontrolled domestic airspace) do I need an exemption? Exempt from what? To fly IN controlled air space? It also must be in class G plus 300 max AGL, the maps show class G max elevation varies as you get closer to controlled air space (cone), 700 to 12,500 feet and other variances. I always stay away from controlled air space and never over populated areas, 300 AGL is plenty, I am usually around 200 or less.

I'm not quite sure how to read all of this. If I stay in the class G (Class G is all uncontrolled domestic airspace) do I need an exemption? Exempt from what? To fly IN controlled air space? It also must be in class G plus 300 max AGL, the maps show class G max elevation varies as you get closer to controlled air space (cone), 700 to 12,500 feet and other variances. I always stay away from controlled air space and 300 AGL is plenty, I am usually around 200 or less.

I'm no lawyer but so far as I understand it there's that and no flying within 75m of animals, people, vehicle, or structures that you don't own or have permission to fly around. No flying after dark or any common sense situations where your drone could hurt anyone or thing in a failure situation. I don't know if drones will change it but from years of doing hobby stuff in public the law is pretty relaxed if you appear to be using common sense and not being an a-hole.

Reactions: Erised
New Canadian law poster
I bet they will make a way to tax it.

Attachments

• Infographic_-_New_rules_for_recreational_drone_users_EN_2.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Here is the link to what was posted: https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/ca-opssvs/Infographic-Do_I_need_permission_to_fly_my_drone.pdf

But it appears that all of the interim regulations that came out in March, 2017 are still listed on the site.

If you click on the rules (Follow the Rules) it takes you to them.

It also looks like this was posted in March 2017, so I would guess that nothing has changed - yet. :-(((

Thanks for your help. I wasn't able to figure out how to download the webpage so I at least took a screenshot of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl