Could not record home point

Reaction score
Cellular signal too weak...? I had 4G wifi going from my Android to my iPad air so I could cache maps before flights. I saw on map the green H where bird was...but when I hit H button on GO app, that is the msg I got?

Any ideas? Rc had green ready to fly GPS signals too...but can't record home point? Odd

As always folks, thx for insight, if you've got some for me.

Any chance you are trying to set new home point (to the device)??
Which Ipad you got?
Air Cell + Wifi or Air Wifi only??

I assume if you are caching from android to ipad then you have the Wifi only ipad.
Apple the tight-asses decided not to install a GPS in the wifi only model. If the device does not have GPS, the take off point (usually) will remain the home point unless you reset it to the craft in mid-flight.

Reactions: Tricky
Since you pull 4G via wifi, I assume you have the wifi iPad, which means no GPS on the tablet. If you want to set the home point to the device, you can buy a cheap Bluetooth GPS receiver and carry it in your pocket.

Any chance you are trying to set new home point (to the device)??
Which Ipad you got?
Air Cell + Wifi or Air Wifi only??

I assume if you are caching from android to ipad then you have the Wifi only ipad.
Apple the tight-asses decided not to install a GPS in the wifi only model. If the device does not have GPS, the take off point (usually) will remain the home point unless you reset it to the craft in mid-flight.

You hit it spot on! THanks. So...the green "H" on the map where I am about to take off from, will be the HomePoint...okay, got it. So, there is no way to change the home point, as in dynamic home point, when using the wifi only iPad? I don't imagine I will ever fly off a moving boat...but, if I did, I wouldnt be able to change my home point...do I have that right?

Thanks!!

I initiale couldnot set home Point either. By searching the web I found the drone has to hover at least 3-4 ft in the air.
So I initiate automatic lift off, once in the air at the 4 ft hovering altitude I set the home point, works every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj