Could do with some advice on exporting with Premiere Pro 5.5

Reaction score
Over the past 2 days I have been doing my best to learn the basics of Premiere Pro 5.5. I have picked up how to do the basic edits and now its time to export. I have 2 video's to try and export to the best quality possible. .One being 4k 25fps pal and the other Full HD 50fps Pal.

For the 4k Video it would good to know the best setting for exporting to 4k and down scaling to 1080p. As for the Full HD Video the best setting for exporting to 1080p would be helpful.

"Best" is subjective. Theoretically, for the best quality, you would choose the option to match the sequence (assuming the sequence also matches your source video). This will create the best quality, because the video will be changed as little as possible.

But, the video file will probably be too large and it won't be optimized for any specific device.

So, the "best" format for export depends on how you wish to use the video.

I usually export into a few different formats and save the original files and project just in case I need a different format later.

For example, my Roku players are connected by WiFi to my network, so I export a 720P version with a fairly low bit rate to my media server so I can play the video on a Roku. I export a full resolution version with a higher bit rate for upload to YouTube. It'll take forever to upload, but you can start an upload then go to sleep.

-- Roger

Thanks for the reply Roger. Most of my video's will end up on youtube so looking for the best setting for that. I have just upgraded to premiere cc so a good setting for 4k down to 1080p would be great. Only had a fast look at CC but I can see it can upload directly to YouTube. Would this be a good option to take. Thanks for the advice I a 100% new at editing. Not really worried about upload time as I won't be making a lot of video's

Best for Youtube from 5.5 is 1080p 30FPS, but as your clips are 25FPS, you will need some frame blending to keep things smooth.

This was shot at 25FPS and slowed down to 50% to make it look a bit more fluid. Shot 1080P medium view.

Thanks for advice. That's looks really good' are you using a filter as you are using a slow frame rate on a bright day? I am using 4k 25fps and 1080p 50fps as I am on PAL and its meant to be best for the UK. I am going to need to pick up some filters so I don't need to worry about a slow frame rate.

Try these presets from mine, you can import at the selecting stage I think.
You'll need to change the frame rate though.
H.264 is what you want for youtube.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQnL6ziwuUlbGJxTXJlZmp2QU0/view?usp=sharing

I find it takes longer to downsize to 1080p than rendering straight through at 4K.
Using the above presets, 4K is less than 2x the file size and youtube seem to do a decent job of showing 4K uploads it at 1080p

That's good to know about the PAL setting. Thanks for the presets 4wd. have you got any video link of them used? Also do you use a filter?

What frame rate do you suggest recording at 4k and 1080p?

Sorry for all the questions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj