Cought in video some guy almost crash land his phantom

Reaction score
I was at the lakefront park when I heard some bagpipes... so I flew over to get a video of the guy playing the bagpipes. When I got home and was watching video, noticed someone what seems to be learning flying a phantom.

At 24 seconds you can see on the top right a phantom coming in, at 27 secs he hits ground hard then bouces back in the air. :eek:

Poor phantom, hope it lasts a week.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj7x6q0Dc3A[/youtube]

Haha! Looks like he does it twice. Next stop for him will be in the water. Love how you follow him after the fact. I can imagine the excuses he was telling his wife/girlfriend in the car.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is for sure not a good pilot. And you rub salt in his wound following him at his worst moment. :lol:

Doesn't everyone land like that? :lol:

Reactions: dirkclod
That was far to fast for autoland. :eek:

IflyinWY said:
Doesn't everyone land like that? :lol:
I have watched many videos on YouTube that just about landed that bad. Some people just beat them into the ground.....

I gave up landing and just catch anymore. ;)

On the fpv monitor I only noticed him when he was walking back, I thought he had an RC airplane with him.

The video is longer. Later on the bagpipe guy was playing near the water, I was videoing around him when the same phantom came zooming by (I didn't see that on fpv monitor, noticed when I got home) I was hoping to get some audio of the bagpipes a bit but all I got is propeller notice. Might put some generic bagpipe music to it. I'll post the longer video tomorrow.

Yeah, weird afternoon. That was a walk of shame. Pretty sure he is gonna go in the water soon.

YES!!!... and a fourth Phantom filming the third that is filming you filming the bad pilot !

which turns out to be the bagpipes guy filming the person that's filming the person that's filming you filming the other phantom next to the bagpipes guy filming the person that's filming the person that's filming...

How the sam hell did you hear bagpipes that far away?
Where are the cops? Now a guy with bagpipes certainly is suspicious activity and that needs to be investigated by at least the FBI, DHS, DEA, ATF and Homer Simpson!!!

Now I've heard that gators get excited when a certain note is played just right.
But bagpipes now seem to attract drones? I need a new instrument.

Typical for VRS, happened to me too.
You see it coming down fast so you hit full throttle and when the VRS stops (ground, object) it goes up full speed.

Ok Ok... I'm the skill-less pilot. What the heck? :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding but thinking that the guy may be part of this forum. I hope he doesn't damage anything, specially the gimbal related parts.

fastsmiles said:
Maybe he's practicing touch and goes...touch down and then go home and fix it. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one.

fastsmiles said:
Maybe he's practicing touch and goes...touch down and then go home and fix it. :lol:

Yeah, or "circuits and bumps" :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20