Costa Rica & Drones

Reaction score
I am leaving for costa rica on the 13th. I am flying into Liberia. Everything I have read shows I am the clear to bring my Phantom down. Has anyone had any issues with customes with their drone?

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm. Interesting question. I am preparing for a Third World country trip myself.

One thing I'm considering is using a DJI Mavic pro and parts from an old nebulizer to make it look like a sleep apnea breathing machine. My primary concern is theft.

Reactions: microraptor
Hmm. Interesting question. I am preparing for a Third World country trip myself.

One thing I'm considering is using a DJI Mavic pro and parts from an old nebulizer to make it look like a sleep apnea breathing machine. My primary concern is theft.

Hiding a drone in some or the other way from customs is not right, better get the rules and follow them. I have heard stories about heavy Penalties at customs.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: DougAles
There's no reason to worry..... A lot of people have some pre-conceived notions about Costa Rica being a grubby corrupt little Third-World Country, but it's not....you'll be ok.

Went in August and it was Great!!! no issues at all in El Salvador or Costa Rica. I had more issues with my belt than with the drone at customs. I had no issues flying the drone in Guanacaste being respectful of peoples space and also mostly flying over the water.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl